Carter's Honest Edge Ranch

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder, if it is open, I am up for forging, hunting, followed by Budo archery so I can discover my inner self. I mean, if they add some old Milwaukee brew beer on tap,, then “it don’t get better than that”

I hope y'all are joking cause Europeans drinking American beer is just sad to me. Like watching hipsters in Tokyo spend $10 for a budweiser (not a joke)

😂😂😂we are joking, I live right next to Germany, France, and Italy so wine-beer quality is pretty darn good.

I drive over to France to pick-up my bread and cheese, and wine, then to Germany for the rest - both 15 min drive from my home😊

E
I hope y'all are joking cause Europeans drinking American beer is just sad to me. Like watching hipsters in Tokyo spend $10 for a budweiser (not a joke)

Well.... two thoughts (as a European who learned to love beer in.... THE US 😱)

1) Bud (light), Corrs lite, Natty Ice, Milwaukee’s best, Michelob Ultra and so on.... that’s not beer. That’s flavored water. “flavor” is not a judgement... I’m not saying: “flavor“ = “flavorful”

2) The beer culture in the US is insane and for a long time was sooooooo much better than in Europe. And I’m saying that as a German. German beer mostly sucks. Mass produced Pilsner style crap that all tasted the same (some exceptions in Bavaria and it’s gotten better)

My local beer dealer in the US had over 1000 different beers, the majority from small craft breweries. Amazing stuff.

Still missing my beloved Wookey Jack Black Rye IPA....

Hmmm...NO

Can you elaborate on that? If you have experience with the US beer scene, I’d be curious what your argument here is.... if you don’t: how do make that statement? What do you base it on?

the US is the country with BY far the most craft breweries in the world. About the same as all European countries combined. From personal experience I can tell you that the beer scene in the US is much more diverse and interesting than the one in Europe ...

E

Well.... two thoughts (as a European who learned to love beer in.... THE US 😱)

1) Bud (light), Corrs lite, Natty Ice, Milwaukee’s best, Michelob Ultra and so on.... that’s not beer. That’s flavored water. “flavor” is not a judgement... I’m not saying: “flavor“ = “flavorful”

2) The beer culture in the US is insane and for a long time was sooooooo much better than in Europe. And I’m saying that as a German. German beer mostly sucks. Mass produced Pilsner style crap that all tasted the same (some exceptions in Bavaria and it’s gotten better)

My local beer dealer in the US had over 1000 different beers, the majority from small craft breweries. Amazing stuff.

Still missing my beloved Wookey Jack Black Rye IPA....

Wookey Jack is my all time favorite beer. I cant believe they discontinued it.

Wookey Jack is my all time favorite beer. I cant believe they discontinued it.

man, I feel ya. I was really sad when I heard. And when we left the US a couple of months later one of my first thoughts was: well, I would not have been able to get it in Europe anyway....

i vividly remember the last one I ever had (I bought all of them in 3 stores the day I heard the news...)

😂😂😂we are joking, I live right next to Germany, France, and Italy so wine-beer quality is pretty darn good.

I drive over to France to pick-up my bread and cheese, and wine, then to Germany for the rest - both 15 min drive from my home😊
When I lived in Monza, I remember driving up to Switzerland at the weekend to fill up with gas and admire the billiard table smooth roads.

You guys in Europe don't know what you're missing. Love me some Juicy Ass
ass.jpg

When I lived in Monza, I remember driving up to Switzerland at the weekend to fill up with gas and admire the billiard table smooth roads.

You guys in Europe don't know what you're missing. Love me some Juicy Ass
View attachment 99597

People actually drove to Switzerland because something was CHEAPER here? Sounds like fake news to me 😜🤣

I’d love some of that juicy ass right now! Can I call it “juicy arse” though? Being in Europe and all? Lol

Can you elaborate on that? If you have experience with the US beer scene, I’d be curious what your argument here is.... if you don’t: how do make that statement? What do you base it on?

the US is the country with BY far the most craft breweries in the world. About the same as all European countries combined. From personal experience I can tell you that the beer scene in the US is much more diverse and interesting than the one in Europe ...
I was just making a biased opinion out off my ass. I don't have any experience about US beer scene. When I just look at geographic distances in US and Europe and if I needed to decide will I go to US or to Europe discover beer, my choice would be Europe. Maybe I am oldchool and thinking that Europes beerculture is still more diverse than in US.

I was just making a biased opinion out off my ass. I don't have any experience about US beer scene. When I just look at geographic distances in US and Europe and if I needed to decide will I go to US or to Europe discover beer, my choice would be Europe. Maybe I am oldchool and thinking that Europes beerculture is still more diverse than in US.

its one thing to make traveling distances part of the equation, but if you exclude that ... US is more diverse in terms of variety and experimentation. If you look at history and tradition, then you can’t beat Europe just because of Germany, Belgium an Czech Republic alone ...

People actually drove to Switzerland because something was CHEAPER here? Sounds like fake news to me 😜🤣

I’d love some of that juicy ass right now! Can I call it “juicy arse” though? Being in Europe and all? Lol
Gas was significantly cheaper in CH vs IT in the 90's. Things might be different now so don't quote me.

...US is more diverse in terms of variety and experimentation...
Now I see the miscommunication here... y'all are IPA people. Real beer was perfected in Europe a long time ago, and there's not much left to do besides some subtle refinement. I guess some would consider that less interesting.

Now I see the miscommunication here... y'all are IPA people. Real beer was perfected in Europe a long time ago, and there's not much left to do besides some subtle refinement. I guess some would consider that less interesting.

Real beer is water, grain, hops, and yeast, maybe an adjunct if you want to get real crazy.

The elitism of beer snobs will not stand, man.

They beauty of beer is that you can replicate all of the ingredients anywhere in the world. It's not necessarily tied to geography. I can make an ale on Carter's Honest Edge Ranch with the same water, malt, hops, and yeast as the monks in Belgium do.

There's actually a Trappist brewery in Massachusetts now.

Last edited:

IPA is a European beer, invented by the Brits.

It’s a real beer, and it’s really good. Of course there a funky versions with Grapefruit and sh**, but a regular IPA only uses the basic beer ingredients just like the other “perfected” beers 🤷🏼‍♂️😉

Back