• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Carve Thanksgiving Turkey in Style

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Sinclair

Reaction score
I did this once before in 2015. Restored 4 sets. They sold quick. They carved turkey, one guy cut himself, questions about knives staining. This time will enclose on how to keep any rust returning, letting a patina develope. All the deep scratches sanded out, most from wailing away on a steel. Some pitting sanding reduces no rust left on blades. 3 simple steps for cleaning and storing knives after use. Follow simple rules and these knives won't rust at all

I only cherry pic knives with no wear on the blade. Try to get ones with patina ok, but little or no rust. Impossible until you sand to know true state of these over 120 year old real stag handle sets.

Royal Brand Cutlery nice cannon logo
Some pitting reduced by sanding.
IMG_20210922_133223088.jpg

Before
IMG_20210923_133403861.jpg

IMG_20210923_133509594.jpg
IMG_20210923_133650177.jpg

IMG_20210923_133628687.jpg

Backside got all small pitting out, front side pitting reduced on logo side of blade. Cut a bevel with 4k stone get a burr- then King hyper 1k put on a micobevel remove Burr. These blades are sharp, not taken to high level but ready to break down turkey
IMG_20210924_115309150.jpg

80.00 shipped USA.

Staghorn Cutlery
IMG_20211021_122332490.jpg

IMG_20211021_122411938.jpg

Like to only polish raised surface on sterling silver collars, leaving recessed area dark.

This is a nice set it had pitting one deep rust spot cannot sand it out took a tiny wheel on Dremel so little nick in blade.
This caving knife blade is large.
85.00 shipped.

@Keith Sinclair any chance you came across more of these types of sets and were feeling like restoring some? I'd absolutely *love* to carve up our thanksgiving duck with something this fancy.

Yes a couple pristine sets never sold last year. Gave one set to nephew. Have two more both excellent condition for over 100 year old carbon blades. I'll pull them out of the drawer take pictures & post them on this thread thanks for heads up. Don't make hardly any profit after shipping both ways.
Just like restoring old carbons. Don't know if I'll be doing this anymore in the future. For years I've been carving turkey and other fowl, even taking skin off salmon slabs with the thin flexible blades.

Really looking forward to seeing the photos and hoping we can make it worth your while to restore + ship :)

Back