• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Catcheside 240 Forged Integral Damast-Sanmai Gyuto (from EU)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Now I'm seperating from one of my absolute favorite knife (getting married is expensive...) I'm simply a fan of less blade height at Gyutos (more into KS profiles). You can not fight against that, no matter how great the knife is :)

So, up for sale is my 240 Forged Integral Gyuto in damascus Sanmai (core: SC125 HRC 64-65) Gyuto by Will Catcheside. A great knife. Unique feel. Super feel in hand and balance and with one of the best combinations of food release and cutting that I experienced so far.

Handle is stab. Walnut burl.

Condition: has some patina, but very good. Has seen very little use and was sharpened only once.

A few dimensions:

Blade length: 240 mm
Blade height: 56 mm
Weight: 268 g

Photos correspond to the current state.

Back then, I spent about 1.5 years waiting time and about 1,600 € in the knife.

Here it is now for sale for: 1,410 €/ 1.550 USD including insured shipping within the EU
(international pays shipping minus 20 USD)

Of course, the certificate and the matching fabric bag by Will are included.

Please no trades (except Shigefusa Yo-Kitaeji)

37313291gf.jpg

37313292rh.jpg

37313293ca.jpg

37313294zk.jpg

37313295jo.jpg

37313297ra.jpg

37313298vf.jpg

37313353ru.jpg

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Regards, Iggy

These knives are soooo dam good! My 220 is probably my fave at the moment. Great price too, GLWS!

KNIFE IS AVAIABLE AGAIN!

But due to shipping/customs regulations... only for EU shipping!

Hi everyone,

Now I'm seperating from one of my absolute favorite knife (getting married is expensive...) I'm simply a fan of less blade height at Gyutos (more into KS profiles). You can not fight against that, no matter how great the knife is :)

So, up for sale is my 240 Forged Integral Gyuto in damascus Sanmai (core: SC125 HRC 64-65) Gyuto by Will Catcheside. A great knife. Unique feel. Super feel in hand and balance and with one of the best combinations of food release and cutting that I experienced so far.

Handle is stab. Walnut burl.

Condition: has some patina, but very good. Has seen very little use and was sharpened only once.

A few dimensions:

Blade length: 240 mm
Blade height: 56 mm
Weight: 268 g

Photos correspond to the current state.

Back then, I spent about 1.5 years waiting time and about 1,600 € in the knife.

Here it is now for sale for: 1,410 €/ 1.550 USD including insured shipping within the EU
(international pays shipping minus 20 USD)

Of course, the certificate and the matching fabric bag by Will are included.

Please no trades (except Shigefusa Yo-Kitaeji)

37313291gf.jpg

37313292rh.jpg

37313293ca.jpg

37313294zk.jpg

37313295jo.jpg

37313297ra.jpg

37313298vf.jpg

37313353ru.jpg

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Regards, Iggy
That is just beautiful... GLWS

Sorry about that, but export customs are a b**** at this value... :(

This is a beautiful knife. Is Australia in the EU? :) :)

Sorry about that, but export customs are a b**** at this value... :(

I never heard of this.

maybe something to discuss in a separate thread at some point!

Given that we see knives values over €1000 quite often here and plenty of sellers are in Europe as well.... this wouldn’t be a unique case I assume.

Back