Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My god, is that a sword or a knife! It's almost as long as my kitchen is wide.

Congrats on such a quick sale.

That gyuto is truly impressive craftsmanship. Maybe if I save for a long time i can afford one of your beauties one day

They are gorgeous Will. I'll be stunned if they last the weekend.

Both Gyuto's and the 78mm Parer got packed and sent off today. Three lovely stainless damascus clad parers are still in store. The largest really a Petty at 110mm. :)

I wish I could get one of those. Just insane work, Will.

Beautiful work, Will. Can't wait to see how mine turns out. :doublethumbsup:

Thank you Ed, Im looking forward to seeing it too, after the one that was not, but the next feather damascus will be even better;)

A couple of Pares still remaining. These are RARE from me. Im surprised they are still there.:big eek:

The 23cm Guyto arrived this morning in a very nice package !!!! Result I was late at work as I had to chop some apples :D. First impressions very good. It is a light and nimble knife. Apples aren't the hardest vegetable but the was 0 effort, very happy with the result.

I am not 100% certain about the handle, seems a bit short for me compering to the other wa hanldes I had.

I will spend more time with it tonight, I am planning to make a winter vegeterian stew.

V

Excellent thanks, let me know how you get on with it. A handle length to suit someones hand would br the diagonal measurement across your palm. Any extra length is spare or pertruding. These were 13 cm in length i think or just under if your palm measurement is 14 plus it could be a tad short for you. Drop me a pm aftet you have used it a whike and we will work it out.
Cheers
Will

Of course, and I will give an initial review after using it. My current go-to gyuto is going to have some new shoes... so I will use it alot. I heard that you will be at Maxim's gathering ! Unfortunately I have other commitments for the weekend.

By the way did you etch the edge :D

Best

Light and nimble? Crazy. The Catcheside gyuto I am doing some work for is not light, but I mean that in a good way. I'd put it in the medium category. It's a gorgeous piece, for sure, though.

Well this is how it felt, I am not an expert on how to categorise the gyutos :D but sure it is a gorgeous piece of cutting art.

All credits to this impulse purchase goes to my girlfriend.

Light and nimble? Crazy. The Catcheside gyuto I am doing some work for is not light, but I mean that in a good way. I'd put it in the medium category. It's a gorgeous piece, for sure, though.

:plus1: My Red Shark gyuto is not light, but it cuts so well that you just fly through things. Maybe that takes some of the weight off. :biggrin:

The san mai are not thin. I would say they are medium too Lefty... Thickness between 3.5mm and 4mm at the heel. Ed I think yours is on the thicker side close to 4mm and Vangelis, around 3.6mm. I think the balance will have allot to do with it feeling nimble and a slender tip. The weight is pretty much over the heel. Happy cutting,Thanks All:biggrin:

I have set up myself a lightbox so I can get home late and still be able to get some well lit Photos for the my site. Next lot I will do this on the website.
Here are a few test shots of the two tone amboyna Paring knife in my store. Camera is also new to me, my first dslr, an old Eos D20, really nice piece of kit and an ebay bargain:D

Im pretty happy for a first go with the kit, been a while since I used a full manual camera, I need to get a tripod to get the depth of field type shots. What do you think?

It looks pretty nice to me, Will. The colours look really true, which I often find a difficult task.

Nice Will. The EOS line is very good. A tripod will help with the depth of field, but the pictures you posted look great for handheld shots.

I finally bought myself a decent Tripod today, a Manfrotto one, so excuse the shed load of pictures, some shot for depth of field. These are the two available. There are actually two of the D2 core hard use Petty available, a more honesuki shape and a more small Petty, line knife one. I want to keep one back for a while to test against cpm 3v. But I'm not too fussed which one I sell if someone fancies the other one let me know. Lots of pics of the Parer, so many tiny details to get across.

Parer 70mm

These are the two 180mm D2 core stainless damascus clad...

I will offer a 20% forum discount off the web price for forum members for these for a January incentive. So PM me and I will send you a discounted total.

Thanks All

Will

Very curious about your CPM 3v comparisons Will. These knives look amazing. Beautiful and tough is a good combination .

Thats about 20% off list on those two for you btw. :biggrin:

Those two sold, many thanks, its been a heavy month on materials bills, it all helps.
I'm not 100% sure which will be up next, maybe one of the 3v, need to do some testing first though.
Make sure you get on my Mailing list via my website for updates.
Thanks All

Latest posts

Back