Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then there's this one, something of a milestone achievement for me in controlled thin forged geometry in stainless clad. A run under some sharper fuller dies was the trick at the end to achieve final thinness where required in such heat short material, the character of the textures reveals this technique rather fabulously when polished....Core is sc125 with a pure nickel carbon barrier. To celebrate the achievement and the uniqueness of the piece.....I gave it some fancy clothes :)

180mm stainless clad forged geometry nakiri and oh does it cut :)

full specifications and purchase details here

http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/store/p105/Stainless_san_mai_forged_geometry_complete_with_Saya_and_%22Primrose%22_pin.html

A couple of very Splendid Honyaki SC125 Knives added to the store to cap off this little run in style....

165mm Nakiri

Purchase

230mm Gyuto with High grade handle....

Purchase

Beautiful work Will! I bet they won't last long

BTW I'm in LOVE with your honyaki petty, its fantastic for any smaller tasks on the board. The board contact feedback is quite unique IMO; feels crisp and direct which is a big change from the usual clad knives in the rotation. Gorgeous hamon. And the height makes it super usable. It's currently the favorite go-to petty :wink:

I'm so incredible happy just now [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

30097414mc.jpg

30097415qe.jpg

30097416gq.jpg

30097417gx.jpg

My Catchie family from our great Will

Geez :) how they compare to you between honyaki and forged series?

Geez :) how they compare to you between honyaki and forged series?

Well, this is pretty difficult to explain with only words...

You need to experience this kind of knife, if you want to understand it.
If I would have to associate a word to each series:

Forged: effective
Honyaki: smooth

But we are far away from the (too) well known path of knife-definition Workhorse/Laser.

Will goes another way, he has an own way to feel the steel, and you can feel that in your wrist...it's a fun to use all the geometry, the weight, the profile to master different tasks...

It's not only about thin/Laser/thin behind the edge, it's about the way how these knives acts in contact with food, about how you can use more sharpness or induce more food release...

Thx Master Andre -

I love your take on WillC's work! One day I will be able to appreciate it and comment as well (hopefully).

Thanks for taking the time to put into words that which I can only see 2 dimentionally (very very appreciated).

v/r,

Tom

But we are far away from the (too) well known path of knife-definition Workhorse/Laser.

Will goes another way, he has an own way to feel the steel, and you can feel that in your wrist...it's a fun to use all the geometry, the weight, the profile to master different tasks...

It's not only about thin/Laser/thin behind the edge, it's about the way how these knives acts in contact with food, about how you can use more sharpness or induce more food release...

THIS is exactly why I hate this forum. You have settled into not wanting a knife from a certain maker and then you read this... So, yeah, I want one now! Thank you for that! :viking:

At least I am not traveling through Herefordshire like I used to do for my previous employer...

@MastrAndre: you are also the reason why I have a UX10 gyuto on my wishlist. Do you get sponsored by makers to lure others into buying???

THIS is exactly why I hate this forum. You have settled into not wanting a knife from a certain maker and then you read this... So, yeah, I want one now! Thank you for that! :viking:

At least I am not traveling through Herefordshire like I used to do for my previous employer...

@MastrAndre: you are also the reason why I have a UX10 gyuto on my wishlist. Do you get sponsored by makers to lure others into buying???

LOL no, but maybe I should begin to ask for [emoji6][emoji6]

I'm not just collecting knives, I really work with them everyday, all day long...I gain my money and my bread with them...

I want to build my perfect set, and to reach this aimed point, I'm constantly buying, trying, studying, experiencing new knives....
Who doesn't get a place in the set has to go, without regrets, no matter about the name standing on the blade...

Last month I've counted up to 80 knives, the day after I've sold 17...nice knives, wonderful knives, rare knives, unicorn knives...

I can say, and I say this with full cognition, that WillC's knives are marking a milestone...
He would deserve more attention, and he has definitively got mine...until now I've got 6 Catchies, 4 are ordered, and some random catch(i)es'll come as well...

Because they are great and awesome functioning knives!

Lets try again with the pictures...... Feather damascus 180mm Petty, nice height too, two available for custom handle options,,,,,

A rather glorious W's pattern 70mm paring, very unusual to see mosaic on parers and this one is a particularly cracking piece of forging, check the pattern flow into the choil......

This one as well for custom handle options at this stage......

Also I have completed a honyaki Nakiri in Achim's masterful super clean 125, (sc125). With a high grade handle.

Wood is stabilised horse chestnut burl, quite a rare treat indeed.

You can find the link to my store in my signature where all these are currently available to purchase.

Back