CCK 1301 weight

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammett

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up a CCK 1301. From what I have seen on the web, it should be in the 340-370 gram range, but this one is 411.

It looks just like my other CCKs in every respect, but two. This one has "Made in Hong Kong" stamped on it and the font for the number 1 is a little smaller than the 2 on the CCK 1302 and 3 on the CCK 1303.

Edited to add: It is also thicker than my 1302 and 1303, but not as thick as a Shibazi s210-2.

Anyone care to weigh theirs?

Thanks!

CCK 1301.JPG
CCK 1301 Made in Hong Kong.JPG

Last edited:
Can you take at the numbers near the handle? What do they read? I suspect you may have a vintage one?

I need a new pair of eyes, but what I read is the same (telephone) number as on other CCKs. 23850317
IMG_3772[1].JPG

I need a new pair of eyes, but what I read is the same (telephone) number as on other CCKs. 23850317View attachment 56790
Nope not a vintage copy. They are out there, old imported unsold CCKs.

Made in Hong Kong are stamped on the ones specific for export to the US. The ones from Hong Kong store dont have that stamp.

Measurements:

241mm length

Height by choil 95mm
Height at tip/end 101mm

Spine thickness at choil 3.2mm
Spine thickness midway 2mm
Spine thickness at tip/end 1.57mm

Black thickness 2cm from edge (rear) 1.67mm
Blade thickness 2cm from edge (front) 1.63 mm This is the top of the line marked by the vertical grind that tapers to the edge

I hate to bump my own thread, but does this look like a legitimate 1301?

It is definitely thicker than the 1302, 1303, and 1103 and has a bit more belly if you look at the height measurements above.

I can see now why you are wondering. I went to the bay looking for a 1301 as I have a 02 and 03. Like the 1302 a lot but just wanted to try the larger 1301. It was something of a surprise to me to find "stainless" 1301's for sale. Far as I know the whole 13XX line is carbon, CCK has other numbers for their stainless blades and I have been to Shanghai street.

I have a stainless 1912, but as far as I know there is no legitimate 1301-sized stainless (24 cm), but only a 21 cm model (1911). Run away if offered one.

This knife looks legit in every way except the belly and jump in thickness and weight from the 1302. I got mine a week ago from the ebay, from a dealer with good ratings who was selling two of them, in wrapper.

It is just so heavy...

Not sure I would have a problem with that weight in a knife of that size. And I have a couple of knives of that size from different than CCK makers. But I own cleavers of every possible size and weight. :)

Try pistol grip? My own made 200 cleaver is 430g and doesn't feel heavy to me, but it's not as long and probably have more weight in the handle (long wide "half tang")

My concern is not the weight itself, but that it seems heavy for a 1301 given weights I have seen on the internet. I will use a pinch grip with it and expect it to work quite well.

Now I need to go buy a big cabbage to whack away at. This is one big knife by any standard, but it should be fun once I put a new edge on it.

Back