Cerax 1K

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miyamoto Musashi

Reaction score
Hello all,

In your experience does the Cerax 1K feel similar to the Rika 5K? Of course the edge will be different given that they are different grit ranges. Would love to hear from anyone who’s used both.

Yeah, I think that they feel pretty similar. There are many other members with much more sharpening experience than me, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

Hello all,

In your experience does the Cerax 1K feel similar to the Rika 5K? Of course the edge will be different given that they are different grit ranges. Would love to hear from anyone who’s used both.
If you think about buying it I say go grab them. Is a great 1000 grit stone. Hard, Fast cutting stone and leave a great polish for 1K stone. I have one my self. Price is great too for the final results you get from that stone. If you want to see some videos about it you can see Ricky's channel or others in YouTube. They all love Suehiro cerax 1K. I never try rika 5000 because I use Naniwa pro 3000 and jump to kitayama 8000. So i don't have 5K stone. I have Suehiro Ouka 3000, it is a softer stone.

If you think about buying it I say go grab them. Is a great 1000 grit stone. Hard, Fast cutting stone and leave a great polish for 1K stone. I have one my self. Price is great too for the final results you get from that stone. If you want to see some videos about it you can see Ricky's channel or others in YouTube. They all love Suehiro cerax 1K. I never try rika 5000 because I use Naniwa pro 3000 and jump to kitayama 8000. So i don't have 5K stone. I have Suehiro Ouka 3000, it is a softer stone.
Hi , How do you compare ouka 3000 vs Naniwa pro 3000?
I have cerax 1000 ,rika 5000 ,kitayama 8000 and would like to add 3000
Any suggestion ?

I have cerax 1000 ,rika 5000 ,kitayama 8000 and would like to add 3000
Any suggestion ?
Ouka 3000 is softer and slower than Naniwa pro 3000 but it can give you a good polish for single bevel. Cheaper too 😁. If you need a fast cutting stone than get NP 3000, but I don't think you need more stones since you already have cerax 1000, rika 5000 and kitayama 8000.

Ouka 3000 is softer and slower than Naniwa pro 3000 but it can give you a good polish for single bevel. Cheaper too 😁. If you need a fast cutting stone than get NP 3000, but I don't think you need more stones since you already have cerax 1000, rika 5000 and kitayama 8000.
Sometimes I feel after the knives while sharp, lacks some bite after 5k, but too corse just on 1K. Should I add a 3k stone ?

Grit: NP3K is closer to a 4K than a standard 3K stone. Ouka is close to other 3K stones grit wise.
Speed: About the same.
Hardness: Ouka is on the softer side of medium. NP is on the harder.
S&G: Ouka needs a soak. NP is splash and go.

Sometimes I feel after the knives while sharp, lacks some bite after 5k, but too corse just on 1K. Should I add a 3k stone ?
Maybe you can try Sharpen it 1000 grit on one side and 5000 on the other side and see how it feels. Or just use a strop after 1000 grit stone

Grit: NP3K is closer to a 4K than a standard 3K stone. Ouka is close to other 3K stones grit wise.
Speed: About the same.
Hardness: Ouka is on the softer side of medium. NP is on the harder.
S&G: Ouka needs a soak. NP is splash and go.
For knife mostly hrc 60 above in your opinion which one should i get ? Thanks

Chosera 3k>Ouka 3k>Rika5k

Regardless of which you choose I think both 3ks are a lot more effective and fun to use over Rika.
Rika is great as a value stone IMO. In terms of value Ouka is definitely the winner over chosera 3k.

Back