Chamber Vac - How much PreChill before sealing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobiledynamics

Reaction score
Took 3 pieces of Pork Loin....

1st time using my Vacmaster Chamber Vac.
It was from fridge *cold* to bags to the vac

I believe it's something along the vac pressure - atmospheric pressure/water boil can occur right ?
Anyhow, noticed upon finishing of the vac, all 3 pieces - unless it's placebo has a bit of slightly browner effect to them as if it got a smidge cooked from the atmospheric pressure/water boil.

Haven't yet to tinker with brining meat, fish, etc but based on this one observerance, do I need to put it in the ice box for 10-15 minutes before using the chamber vac with proteins

There isn't a color change with this sort of thing, and definitely no browning. The difference is purely textural if it's there at all. And I find that it's only there on really delicate stuff like fish and sometimes chicken if I've had it out for a while. Pork loin should be just fine, especially if it's coming straight from the fridge into bags and then into the chamber.

Off topic, remember to have liquids you are sealing very cold. I will move them from the fridge to the freezer about 30 min before sealing.

Back