Cheap Knife Blanks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chang

Gay for Gyutos
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey y’all, I have a woodworking friend who reaches out to me to try source some cheap knife blanks. He’s trying to dabble in knife making for the holidays. Unfortunately, his budget is on the lower side, $30 per blank, and he would prefer Damascus for the selling point. Anyone know of any good sellers?

Texas Knife (and some other supply houses like Jantz, but I would look for the AUS-8A ones, not their 420 series) sells some AUS-8A bolsterless kits for around $20/blank in a 7.5" chefs knife, 6" chef or santoku and 3.5" paring knife. Most knifemaking supply houses sell Dexter Russel knife blanks for around $20, too. I use one of the 10" butcher blades (1095 carbon) as a slicer at my house and to use on squash and hard foods. Woodcraft has some kitchen knife blanks, too. Jantz has awesome non kitchen knife blades in their Jantz Pattern series as well as some VG-10 Damascus kitchen blades, but they are more expensive. I think the Dexter Russels are the cheapest blanks that make a nice blade.

Back