Checking In

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fod

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm Todd, owner and sole employee of Shadetree Custom Composites. I make custom hand made laminates (think micarta) from many different materials; denim, burlap, canvas, fiberglass, carbon etc. . . some even glows in the dark:cool2:

Some of you know me from other forums and I may me a new guy to others.

I've looked around here I sure like what I see. I look forward to spending some time here (and $$- some nice temptation here).

I figured should check in as I am driving Mike Davis to the HHH get together tomorrow and didn't want to wait in the car so I thought it best to register and be a member in good standing before I show.

That, and Delbert told me to come over.:biggrin:

-Todd

Welcome to the Knut house! There's a lot of sharp cookies here!

Good to see you here Todd!
Hope you guys had a good time today, wish I could have been there.
Del

Keepin some pretty rough company there Todd!
Welcome aboard.

I gotta see this burlap laminate, in my mind that would make an awfully cool ferrule. Would it work in that application?

Nice meeting you Sunday. Cool looking stuff. And thanks for the hunk!

Todd, Welcome to KKF!!! It was great meeting ya Sunday!

Let me tell ya guys about the burlap stuff!! Its frickin awesome! Some of the coolest stuff I have ever seen.. His materials are very unique and I mean that in a GOOD way! lol We used some of the coffee bag stuff or burlap?? on a knife Sunday Whatever it was, it looked amazing! Thanks Todd for the piece to test out.. Ill post up some photos of it ASAP. :)

It was a cool to meet you and you have some very nice product too.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and kind words.

I'd post a pic of the knives Randy helped me improve but I can't until I upgrade or something. . .

Randy, it was the very rough weave coffee bag (Ethiopian)I used on my Uncles knife. You got a piece of some finer weave (Peru) bag. I look forward to seeing what you make of it.

Wenus, yes, I think it would work well in that application.

lams023.jpg

dar. . .

I figured how to attach pics, but ran out of time above. . .

fbburlap1.jpg

Above; Andy Roy of Fiddleback Forge Runt handled with linen like burlap.

Following is my Uncle knife that was damaged in the dishwasher, now with a new coffee bag handle, with help from Randy.

The boner is an old knfe that Randy thinned out and made much more usable. Then Salty sharpened it.:knife:

Del Ealy steel with carbon, silver fiberglass twist handles.

KFF102.jpg

KFF101.jpg

Hi Todd, your mircarta is sweet i've checked it out everyday since you left!

Latest posts

Back