Checking in

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Tvernace7, May 16, 2019.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. May 16, 2019 #1

Tvernace7

Tvernace7

Tvernace7

Hi, I was a chef in the New Orleans area for roughly 20 years. I only stopped cooking professionally about 10 years ago because of a near fatal vehicle incident that left me a paraplegic. I still cook for my family at least once daily.

That said, I am here looking to see what new knives are on the market. I noticed shopping around that a lot has changed. I have to say I’m rather shocked to see so many changes, considering the sharp edge is one of mans fist innovations from the hunter gatherer days.

Im highly considering a Miyabi either artisan or Birchwood.
    Probably the artisan. The Birchwood looks like it may be a tad on the brittle side, and the artisan looks as though it’ll hold its edge just as well, if not better.

I was looking at the fusion series; but, I tend to shy away from goods endorsed by celebrities.

2. May 16, 2019 #2
    Welcome to the forums. It really depends on your preferences, but many members today would get a different knife in that price category.

Consider filing in the questionnaire and start a separate thread in The Kitchen Knife subforum. You may end up looking at your planned knife purchase from a different perspective.

3. May 16, 2019 #3

Tvernace7

Tvernace7

Tvernace7

Thank you. I’ll fill it out and see where it goes.

I figured I could find one of those in the 150$ range at this point. Also, I’m not a fan of the Chinese wears. I’m sure they make great cutlery, I’ve just seen some other fabricate metal products that make me want to see more evidentiary proof that what I’ve seen thus far from dalstrong.

4. May 17, 2019 #4

Tvernace7

Tvernace7

Tvernace7

Why is my post awaiting approval?

5. May 17, 2019 #5
    You look good from here.

6. May 17, 2019 #6

Tvernace7

Tvernace7

Tvernace7

Thank you, looked like one of my posts was held in moderation.

7. May 17, 2019 #7
    Sometimes happens when you send 43 of them prior to approval.... hehehe

Welcome to the forum.