Cleaning leather strops?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronsgibson

Reaction score
Hey all. Well as the title suggest, is there a way to clean unloaded leather strops? My horse strop isn't looking its best, (no scratches and such) so I was wondering if leather cleaner wouldn't help clean it up. Thanks again guys.

Bick leather cleaner works great and is made to use with leather but any waterless hand cleaner like goop with out pomes in it works fine too.

Bick leather cleaner works great and is made to use with leather but any waterless hand cleaner like goop with out pomes in it works fine too.

I seem to remember Keith at Handamerican recommending waterless hand cleaner from your friendly local auto supply store.

Thanks guys. Went for the Bick leather cleaner as I also want to clean up a pig strop of mine that has some miles on her. Thanks again.

Thanks guys. Went for the Bick leather cleaner as I also want to clean up a pig strop of mine that has some miles on her. Thanks again.

The #3 leather conditioner is also safe to use on strops, only conditioner I have found that won't mess up Shell or suede. Another trik is to mix dry abrasives (green chrome, diamond dust) in it to get a good spread

Back