Closing BST Posts

Discussion in 'Support' started by tgfencer, Aug 1, 2018.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Aug 1, 2018 #1

tgfencer

tgfencer

tgfencer

Supporting Member

Sorry if I missed something obvious, but how do I close BST threads? I knew how to do it on the old system but I cant seem to locate the same tools to do it now.

Cheers!

2. Aug 1, 2018 #2

Anton

Anton

Anton

1. thread tool drop down
    2. edit
    3. thread drop down allows you to select SOLD

3. Aug 1, 2018 #3

tgfencer

tgfencer

tgfencer

Supporting Member

Ah, think I spotted the problem. So, the thread I was trying to close was from before the conversion to the new platform. It does not have that Thread Tools function drop down menu. However, on this specific thread I started to ask about closing threads, there is a Thread Tools function that would allow me to close the thread.

Guess maybe it didn't convert retroactively.

4. Aug 2, 2018 #4
    Hit me with a link and I'll close it. Closing it and changing prefix to "Sold" are two different things. Not sure that the user can do both with new software.

5. Aug 15, 2018 #5

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderators

User should be able to change prefix, not able to close it.

6. Aug 6, 2019 #6

kedrikec

kedrikec

kedrikec

Supporting Member

Hi, I am trying to edit the title of a couple of my threads to SOLD (they were on going couple months and finally sold), however I can not see the thread drop down tool on top left of the page. It is only available on my latest thread. I would appreciate any help. thanks

7. Aug 6, 2019 #7
    I went back to your Soba Kiri and then back to a Mune, Hinora and Tansu. All appeared they would be fine for you to edit. If you have questions about a specific post please provide a link - there is no search function within a subforum.

8. Aug 6, 2019 #8

kedrikec

kedrikec

kedrikec

Supporting Member

thank you so much for getting back to me fast; I took some screen shots and post it over here .
    only soba kiri thread shows as it is editable the rest still do not have that menu. (They only show as unwatch option)

9. Aug 6, 2019 #9
    I see a "thread tools" option on all three of those. From my laptop. You can f*** with it and see if you can get it to work, reload software (more f****** with it), refer it to support and Angie can no doubt get you fixed or tell me what you want to do and I'll do it.

10. Aug 6, 2019 #10

Michi

Michi

Michi

Supporting Member

11. Aug 6, 2019 #11

kedrikec

kedrikec

kedrikec

Supporting Member

daveb, pmed with the details. thank you very much!

12. Aug 6, 2019 #12

Michi

Michi

Michi

Supporting Member

BTW, I suspect that the inability to make changes may be related to the age of the post. I noticed that, after some time limit, it's no longer possible for me to edit my own posts. That might be the reason why it doesn't work for older BST threads? (I know that, originally, when it was fairly new, I could edit my thread.)

13. Aug 6, 2019 #13
    On the upper left of the post is "Thread Tools" . It will pull down to "Edit Thread" among other things. Edit thread provides ability to change headings.

Granted this may perform differently for mods than it does for regular users - time limits, etc.

14. Aug 6, 2019 #14

Michi

Michi

Michi

Supporting Member

No
    No such button for me (but it used to be there when the thread was new, if I remember correctly):

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 21.47.22.png

Thanks for marking it as "Sold" for me!

15. Aug 6, 2019 #15

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderators

Members have a time frame that is works. Mods have unlimited so we can help all.

16. Sep 12, 2019 #16

tgfencer

tgfencer

tgfencer

Supporting Member

Is there any way to extend this timeframe? Not sure how long it is now, but something in the range of 3-6 months would be useful as not everything sells super fast all the time. It's not a huge deal, but I was going to mark some threads I started back in June-ish time as SOLD just to clean up the subforum now that I've finished selling everything and I can't do it. If it's too much of a hassle, don't worry about it.

17. Sep 12, 2019 #17

Marcelo Amaral

Marcelo Amaral

Marcelo Amaral

18. Sep 12, 2019 #18
    Thread above was marked sold.

A time limit of 6 months would be a good thing. Anytime outside of the window that a member would like to change a thread, just post the request and INCLUDE a link to the thread.

tgfencer likes this.
  19. Sep 12, 2019 #19

Marcelo Amaral

Marcelo Amaral

Marcelo Amaral

Thanks, Daveb!