Color free stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I like my SP320 and my naniwa pro 1k results. I loathe how they stain my hands green and blue. Jon’s gesshin stones don’t do this. I guess I’m asking which stone will not color my fingers blue and green?

Also nats work well for this too.

Yep, never walked away from a sharpening session on JNats with blue Aoto fingers, or green Asagi fingers, or Renge fingers. I kind of wish the last one would happen though.

The Nanohone stone line is a bland light beige, if that suits you more than Shapton Glass' "linen bleached in a desert sun" color.

Never try venev stones then they really stain worse than any stone I've tried.

Honestly I never noticed my chosera staining my fingers orangish red, it would always just wash right off.

So I like my SP320 and my naniwa pro 1k results. I loathe how they stain my hands green and blue. Jon’s gesshin stones don’t do this. I guess I’m asking which stone will not color my fingers blue and green?

Over the years I've collected close to 50 stones and none of them stain and that includes the Chosera 400, 800 & 3K. Makes me wonder if you got unlucky and ended up with the two stones that do stain :)

Back