• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Comet W2 Honyaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
With some customs coming in the near future and a recent way over budget purchase, I've decided to sell this Comet Honyaki in W2. Tough decision as Trey is no longer making knives, so finding another will be a big ask.
Hardness is approx 64 with his signature hamon line and a subtle shinogi to assist with food release. Blade has some nice Ashi activity below the hamon. Balance point is at the head of the Comet. Excellent distal taper, thin towards the tip and behind the edge. Hand finished on Jnats.
Takes a wonderful patina of blues and oranges which I've tried to capture in the photos. These pics also show current condition. Knife has been use a couple of times and the edge touched up on a Jnat. Original owner.

Edge length: 210mm
Height: 49mm
OAL: 357mm
Handle length: 130mm
Handle material: Walnut and African Blackwood
Weight: 180g

Asking $775 shipped CONUS

Knife as received from Trey (middle knife)

Choil

Patina

Last edited:
Where do you get off posting that with Coronavirus mucking up my income!

Well there's a good find. Plus it has the shinogi line? Forget aboutit

Man I have such a difficult time not buying this. How thick is it behind the spine?

Where do you get off posting that with Coronavirus mucking up my income!

Right? If the restaurant didn't tell me (and all of the other cooks) yesterday to not come in today until further notice.. I would be all over it.

And I was just thinking about how I should save all the money in my PayPal.

Back