Coming down the pike

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently working on a damascus san mai gyuto with a 52100 core. This one and an oblique damascus integral should hit the store Friday, March 3rd.

kFxELoUh.jpg

Sneak peak for one of tomorrow's listings. Damascus integral gyuto with exhibition grade curly Hawaiian koa and a master fatty mammoth tooth spacer.

H2rKJYBh.jpg

These 240's will be hitting the store tomorrow morning :knife::

Stainless san mai with a 52100 core handled in brass and velvety koa.
wuahiahh.jpg

52100 handled in brass and amboyna burl.
Ugonltzh.jpg

Probably a stupid question....the darkish part of the blade, what metal is that...52100 core or stainless(darkened somehow?)

and does the dark metal stay that way or does it change over time

Probably a stupid question....the darkish part of the blade, what metal is that...52100 core or stainless(darkened somehow?)
and does the dark metal stay that way or does it change over time

The core is 52100. It will stay a similar color unless one uses an abrasive on the blade, such as a scothbrite. I have a stainless san mai daily user that's still close to the same color after a year +. Some foods will alter the patina a bit, but nothing significant.

Was the 52100 etched? If so, do you mind saying which etchant you used (I'm not asking you to give away trade secrets though).

Was the 52100 etched? If so, do you mind saying which etchant you used (I'm not asking you to give away trade secrets though).

No problem, I etched in ferric chloride.

This one's headed for the store Friday morning. :knife:

64dJPzOh.jpg

8KHDGtnh.jpg

MIs6zhbh.jpg

A couple classic feather pattern integrals are hitting store tomorrow morning.
300mm suji and 248mm gyuto both with exhibition grade curly koa and matching feather buttcaps. :running:

225mm gyuto detail shots for the store this Friday.

15mM3hXh.jpg

KZ1Qf1Yh.jpg

One of the gyutos that will be available Friday, the 29th.
240mm stainless damascus I forged from CPM154 and AEB-L. The handle is carbon fiber, mammoth tooth, and Tasmanian blackwood.

Last edited:
Stainless gyuto dressed in carbon fiber, copper, and spalted maple burl. This one will be available tomorrow as well.

Stainless damascus san mai with stainless core gyuto wearing carbon fiber, turquoise recon stone, and Tasmanian blackwood. This one will be available Friday the 31rst.

8O7xPmQh.jpg

O8MfJBBh.jpg

SnZDO0Mh.jpg

Back