CONSOLATION Raffle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bprescot

Founding Member
Reaction score
THIS RAFFLE IS OVER:

And the winner, picked by Random.org, is number 50! I'll be sending a PM to get the address then the knife ships out Tuesday!

Thanks to all who participated!

---------------------------

Well, my first raffle didn't go so good. :whistling: So here's hoping this one goes a bit better! :wink:

First off, NO buy in! You want in, just post in thread! Only one entry per person, but still only 100 spots, though so get your post in fast! As a thank you and apology to the previous raffle participants, your names are already in (unless of course you don't want to be, in which case just PM me.) Which means that there are only about 80 slots left!

And NOW, on to the prize. I'm donating a BRAND NEW (well near enough, anyway) 210mm Blazen Western Deba. Seriously, I think this guy has been used to butcher a sweet potato AND THAT'S IT! Powdered steel core, magnetic saya, a friggin' BEAST... not sure what else I can say about this guy. For those interested, it's the same as the one here on JCK.

Maybe not as exciting as a Butch Harner Nakiri, but hopefully this will do be fun for all involved! If you've always wondered about a Deba, but could never justify buying one, here's your chance guys, so start posting!

While this is a no purchase necessary raffle, for those that are so inclined, I've included a link to a local charity in my area. I want to stress that there is no obligation to do ANYTHING with this info unless of course you want to. I can tell you that I know a few people involved and these guys do great work on a shoestring budget. If you like what you see, and you're from the area, it's just something to keep in mind.
The Durham Eagles: http://www.durhamcares.org/partners/durham_eagles/

Last edited by a moderator:
Great offer. Definitely Want in. Thanks!

Name should be on the list already but just wanted say if we can find a way for the raffles to work I think they are a great idea

i guess i'm in since i was in on the first raffle....gonna send a donation to your charity....this very gracious of u ben.....i am sure everyone appreciates it!.....ryan

ok where the heck do u send a donation...do they have a paypal button?....ryan

I agree! I'm in, even though I'm a lefty :)

ok where the heck do u send a donation...do they have a paypal button?....ryan
Click on the link and then in the top right there is a button that says "Give to this Partner". You then can choose which partner to give to, in this case the eagles, and can choose a one time or monthly gift.

Yep, it's a western Deba, so it's actually a double bevel. Even the lefties will get some love!

Alright! It's filling up fast, but we've still got 76 spaces left. Keep those posts comin' guys!

That's really generous of you, Ben, I'm in also. Can never have enough Blazens...

Stefan

Sorry guys, I didn't look into it. I figured charity, deba...of course I'm in, even if I can't use it! Thanks for pointing it out, though! I guess it's true what they say about assuming....

Awesome consolidation prize! I'm in! Donation sent cause you rock for doing this.

Not sure if I made the cut but I hope my contribution helps the Durham Eagles...This rocks

Put me in if you please :) I appreciate the gesture and I still use that Wusthof knife guard you included with the Hiro :D

Hey Avishar! I didn't know you'd made your way over here! Glad you could make use of it. Hopefully the knives are holding up equally as well, though for the life of me I can't remember what I sold you. Was that the HC? Man I miss that knife. Now THAT would have been a good raffle blade!

Back