Contact Traced

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear it because you were wearing a Mask risk goes way down just so long as you wash your hands after being in public. Until we get a vaccine it's a small price to pay.

Island of Lanai has a population of around three thousand people. One person brought it in a short period of time 100 cases including old people. There are no medical facilities. A health task force went in to get a handle on it.

Tracing has worked in China & South Korea. In Hawaii many cases are Pacific Islanders living in muti generational homes. Simple education is the key to this easily spread virus.

Glad to hear it because you were wearing a Mask risk goes way down just so long as you wash your hands after being in public. Until we get a vaccine it's a small price to pay.

Island of Lanai has a population of around three thousand people. One person brought it in a short period of time 100 cases including old people. There are no medical facilities. A health task force went in to get a handle on it.

Tracing has worked in China & South Korea. In Hawaii many cases are Pacific Islanders living in muti generational homes. Simple education is the key to this easily spread virus.

i don’t want this to be too political, but you’re right: there are some simple things we could’ve done to prevent this kind of outbreak (not sure we still can).

Seeing cases go through the roof in Western society partially is a result of our egoistic culture. We like to call it personal freedom/liberty but I see a trend of our Societies breaking apart and people just not willing to pay a small price to protect others and society as a whole. I think it’s more pronounced in the US, but it’s not much better in a lot of European states.

Imho Asian countries are better prepared for this as they are not only more disciplined in general, but also much more used to outbreaks like the original SARS that didn’t play much of a role in the West - well it did for me as I was Quarantined due to contact with a case, but back then quarantine was ... special!

great news!! i got tested a while back and it brought tear to my left eye. i was also negative..i just took it because i never stopped working and my wife never did as well. she is a Covid Nurse, so they will test us for no other reason, than, "hey, what the heck? lets do this"

Sorry Boom but why would you get tested if you had no symptoms (if you did have symptoms please disregard)? My brother from Sunnyvale CA & his whole (f'n) family have done this a couple of times (paranoia much?) and I just really feel that this is pretty selfish and stupid ... sorry but just kinda trying to understand the logic ...

Not all, says the Australian... (More particularly, Victorian, where we have just had a massive lockdown for several months in order to get it back under control (for now)).

We have been through that too massive shutdown many small business shutting down for good. Over 2 billion in relief & unemployment checks. Much of the govt. Tax base wiped out. Hawaii will not survive another shutdown. Testing is much better. Tourist must be tested 72 hours before flights. Free second testing upon arrival. Cases are way down from summertime even with the lift on ban of tourist. Hawaii is still a plantation mentality in many ways, but we aren't all dumb hicks. Shutting down everything is not an option. Obvious to see China model works & US doesn't because of different culture. What is so hard about a mask, washing your hands, & caring about elders?

We have been through that too massive shutdown many small business shutting down for good. Over 2 billion in relief & unemployment checks. Much of the govt. Tax base wiped out. Hawaii will not survive another shutdown. Testing is much better. Tourist must be tested 72 hours before flights. Free second testing upon arrival. Cases are way down from summertime even with the lift on ban of tourist. Hawaii is still a plantation mentality in many ways, but we aren't all dumb hicks. Shutting down everything is not an option. Obvious to see China model works & US doesn't because of different culture. What is so hard about a mask, washing your hands, & caring about elders?

i mean, China had the most brutal lockdown. I don’t think any lockdown apart from MAYBE northern Italy compared to that. They literally locked people in their apartments in Wuhan. You could argue that getting back to normal now is also a result of that brutal lockdown.

but then again: it kind of helps to be an oppressive surveillance state, I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

i mean, China had the most brutal lockdown. I don’t think any lockdown apart from MAYBE northern Italy compared to that. They literally locked people in their apartments in Wuhan.
Yeah, we had 5km radius travel limits, and an 8pm-5am curfew, and so on, but didn't compare to Wuhan, not at all.

One way to stop the spread of infections is a lock-down. The more strict the lock-down, the more effective it is. That's not opinion, but fact: if the virus can't get to another uninfected human, it can't spread.

In Wuhan, it was possible to weld shut the doors to apartment blocks. That's a very effective lock-down measure indeed, but one that is somewhat frowned upon in most other countries…

Over here, we largely relied on people's honesty and willingness to pull on the same rope. Overall, it worked amazingly well. Except for those few people who thought it was clever to stow away on a freight train, hide in the cab of a truck, lie on their border declaration form, or sleep with a quarantined hotel guest. These people don't think, or they don't think long and hard enough, or they don't know how to think in the first place. A few actually can think, but couldn't care less. It takes only one of those people to start another wave.

I'm still waiting for our politicians to come out and declare that wearing a mask is like wearing a badge of honour. We should run an advertising campaign. Make mask wearing something to be proud of: "See, I care about my fellow citizens, even though I don't like wearing that bloody thing."

Australia did this very successfully with the "Slip, Slop, Slap" campaign to reduce skin cancer. We could make it the same for masks: "You wouldn't want to be seen dead in public without your Pierre Cardin mask now, would you?"

But, sadly, some people still confuse community service with deprivation of liberty.

At this point I am seeing compliance fatigue. People around here largely dragged their heels in starting to wear masks, etc., and now a handful of months later, with a lot less deaths happening, they are getting a bit more lax because it doesn't seem as real any more.

Other than an initial 'scare' for one employee back in March, the people in my small office have been okay. But last week my business partner attended a small dinner (10 people) where people were not wearing masks, and he found out the next day the person he was sitting next to and talking with all night had no sense of smell or taste at the dinner... Oops. And of course he did not find out until early afternoon the next day, after he spent time in very close quarters with two of our employees. So we were out 3 people for a week until tests could be scheduled and results received. They were all back at work yesterday morning, and than another employee called to report he would be out for a while because an employee of his family just tested positive.

We have UV index on news. Think younger generation is smarter about it than I was old school. Now put on sunblock before leave the house, melanoma caught in time 6 years ago.

Masks are mandated can't go out in public without wearing one. No big deal. It is seen as caring about others. It's kind of like smokers losing out where they can smoke.

I walk in valley at night for exercise. Don't wear a mask esp. walking at a good clip all uphill coming back home.

To me the anti mask movement is just something I can’t fathom. Does it feel GREAT to wear one? No. Does it feel great to wear a helmet when riding a motorbike? No.

its Really a very minor inconvenience and if it helps save lives, i don’t see why people can’t comply. They protect others more than they protect us. People not willing to wear one are basically relaying a simple message: I don’t care if YOU get sick. MY convenience is more important than YOUR health.

Sad world

Latest posts

Back