Cookbook Recommendations: Low Carb Cookbook and Veggie-centric Cookbook?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

HumbleHomeCook

Team Pepper Jack
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I do pretty good cooking on the fly and being moderately creative. But I don't do either of those particularly well in a particularly healthy way. I make a few good things and then seem to run out of ideas. Further, my wife is very cooked-veggie-leery. She's getting better and is always open to trying stuff I make so I need more creative recipes around that. Main course kinda stuff.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Bart.s

Reaction score
I have lost some weight in the beginning of this year being on a low-carb diet. Don't have any book recommendations, just tried some things on my own.

I presume these things will also be available in the states, cauliflower rice, broccoli rice and zucchini spaghetti. I've replaced the rice or pasta in recipes with those. With some woksauce or pasta sauce, it's not as bad as it sounds and actually tasty. You can also mash the cauliflower rice, and replace it in recipes for mashed potatoes.

Also ate salads (sometimes with grilled veggies), made recipes with burrito's and replaced the burritos with low-carb veggie burritos. Even made pumpkin pizza. Low-carb doesn't have to be boring 🙂.

Last edited:

Rainman890

Reaction score
I don't know about low carb, but anything by Alice Waters Is great for veggies.

She even has a book titled "Vegetables". I gave it to my mother as a birthday present once, she loves it..

cawilson6072

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pescatarian, but my family is not. I generally try to cook as much veggie and fish dishes as possible and pepper in a central meat once a week or so to keep the family with me on this. Overall, we all seem to be pretty happy with lots of things that have come from the following books (augmented by stuff from NYT, Mark Bittmann, etc. etc.).

Jamie Oliver's VEG
Yotam Ottolenghi's Plenty
Laura Lee's Balanced

tcmx3

Reaction score
IMO Gjelina is kind of the king of the hill in this area. practical, delicious recipes. really killer.

I also like Six Seasons