Coronovirus shutdown projects?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put together a couple of plant stands. Want to do some indoor gardening during this winter. 1 1/2" x 1/2" barstock, oak stair treads which were like $20 at home poo-poo (best thing is I didn't have to cut or sand anything). Rattle can paint job in black. Got some grow lights on the way. A crop of carrots, radishes and beats are the first order of the day! Sorry about the crappy picture, everything is in the basement for the time being.

IMG_3599.JPG

We rebuilt our interior staircase (stringers were mostly ok, just a small repair - we replaced all the treads and risers). We've started looking into a kitchen remodel next. Our house is very small and very outdated/cheaply done. I'd like to build all the cabinetry ourselves but my wife has vetoed that pretty hard 🤣

Well, the greater Brisbane region (over two million people) is under a strict lock-down since last night, provisionally until Monday evening. We had a local case of the UK mutation, and the government is stepping in early, rather than waiting for an outbreak first. Even though it's inconvenient, that's probably for the better.

We are back to the eerily quiet days we had back in March and April. Shops are closed, except for essential ones, such as supermarkets, pharmacies, and petrol stations. Restaurants can sell take-away food only. No-one is allowed out except for essential work (if that cannot be done remotely), outside exercise with one other person and only in the local area, etc, etc…

I've been hacking my Bradley smoker. Installed a fan a few days ago and, last night, a 900 W heating element that replaces the original 500 W one.
IMG_4032.JPG

Also added an internal temperature probe for a PID controller:
IMG_4033.JPG

IMG_3354 2.JPG

I have plenty of plans for smoking things now :)

Last edited:
Over here, the press seems to have settled on “Wuhan strain”, “UK strain“, and “SA strain”. You don’t see B117 or N501Y all that much.

Last edited:
A collaborative project between me and a luthier........ I've liked this style of guitar for many years but wanted something unique. I've got a couple of stratocasters with quilted maple tops and just love em.

Humbucker choice has been a tough one. I've been watching the Doug and Pat show on youtube, "Chasing Oscar" which is an original 1959 LP. Went with ThroBak pickups for the vintage vibe.

I think it's coming out great so far!

I just saw this that is a beautiful guitar

Back