Could Kyuzo be Myojin?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the music in this video...very peaceful...at 1:40

I never get how so many of the craftsman actually don't know about the properties of their product. 'I like carbon steel because it's sharpener and keeps its edge longer than stainless". That's not how it works man...your Hitachi white and blue isn't beating out sg2 or zdp lol

Sources:
1. 八内刃物製作所 | 堺市内のものづくり見学・体験スポット|ものづくり支援課
2. SHARPENER: KYUZO

kyuzo yauchi jr 1 (1).jpg

kyuzo yauchi jr 2 (1).jpg

Great, Now we will see more demand and price increases.

I shouldn’t have spilled it.
What? I don't know why you're freaking out. That's not going to happen. It's not like his knives are unicorns like katos or shigs. Hitohira puts out so many kyuzos that are readily available right at this second. Not sure why you thinking knowing his name will skyrocket demand. Again, from retailers it seems his own line is close in price to Hitohira anyway. Not some great bargain.

What? I don't know why you're freaking out. That's not going to happen. It's not like his knives are unicorns like katos or shigs. Hitohira puts out so many kyuzos that are readily available right at this second. Not sure why you thinking knowing his name will skyrocket demand. Again, from retailers it seems his own line is close in price to Hitohira anyway. Not some great bargain.
LOL, it’s a joke. Anyway, it shouldnt matter since there’s a lot of good Wide bevel sharpener. I remember before no One really know Myojin When Fujiyama is in, but After Konosuke introduce him to the internet, his knife and demand is much higher.
I dont think we will see more weird stuff other than Hitohira stuff.

LOL, it’s a joke. Anyway, it shouldnt matter since there’s a lot of good Wide bevel sharpener. I remember before no One really know Myojin When Fujiyama is in, but After Konosuke introduce him to the internet, his knife and demand is much higher.
I dont think we will see more weird stuff other than Hitohira stuff.
Lol hard to tell what's a joke or not on the forum; all good. Yeah I was gonna say, there is so much good wide bevel stuff out there

Damn this thread has turned out golden for me. Such an adventure reading each comment with intrigue :) Thank you KKF for the sleuth work and the insight!

By the way, this doesn't really change much. Apparently he is only selling under kyuzo now. Asked a retailer that used to stock his own branded stuff. He gave the sharpening shop a call and they said they were not selling anything direct and to buy the kyuzos 😂

Last edited:
Interesting fact is that on the 1st site above in the referenced post from April 2019 we can see some knife blanks ready for sharpening bearing the Konosuke Fujiyama Kanji stamp Fujiyama – Konosuke

IMG_9198.jpg
That is not a Konosuke Fujiyama kanji stamp. That box stamp denotes the core steel. Scroll down the Konosuke page with the 240 and 210 next to each other and you'll see the stamps on the two knives are different. The stamp you see on the Kyuzo above denotes Blue #1. Tanaka puts those stamps on most knives he forges.

Last edited:
That is not a Konosuke Fujiyama kanji stamp. That box stamp denotes the core steel. Scroll down the Konosuke page with the 240 and 210 next to each other and you'll see the stamps on the two knives are different. The stamp you see on the Kyuzo above denotes Blue #1. Tanaka puts those stamps on most knives he forges.

You're right it's a Tanaka stamp for the type of core steel.

for F's sake, why do you guys keep doing this? Havent you considered that people have reasons for keeping their names out of things like this? Not just the retailers, but the craftsmen themselves? They work with a ton of companies and having that anonymity can help keep things smooth when they work with people who are competing with each other. There are many other reasons too.

Back