WTS Cris Anderson 245mm Nitro-V gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

thebradleycrew

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks~! As promised, this knife is up for sale after the pass around. I hope everyone enjoyed using it and checking out Cris' excellent work. I know the geometry worked for some, didn't work for others; I guess that's the fun of a pass around. Here is the pricing:
  1. General price: $925 CONUS/+$25 for Int'l
  2. Pass around participants price: $750 ($925 minus 7 folks x $25)
I probably won't lower price much beyond this point, but feel free to offer trades of the stuff I like (55mm or + heel, HF, Raquin, Yanick, Catcheside, Shi.Han, Radar). Here are the specs and photos, which are the same as the old photos because the knife looks exactly the same as before. The nice thing about the Nitro-V - super easy to use and care for and looks good day after day.
  • Nitro-V stainless, XXT
  • Std thickness, which equates to a laser for me, but some might think more mid-weight depending on preferences
  • Custom "root beer" stabilized maple handle
  • 216 grams
  • Heel at 65mm
  • Blade at 245mm
  • OAL at 401mm
Photos:
IMG_1857.jpg
IMG_1861.jpg
IMG_1860.jpg
IMG_1859.jpg
IMG_1858.jpg

Last edited:

valdim

Reaction score
Yes, beautiful knife. How this geometry reflects in the various cutting techniques? And what does "beer root" mean?

thebradleycrew

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, beautiful knife. How this geometry reflects in the various cutting techniques? And what does "beer root" mean?
Root beer is perhaps a bad term for a mid- to light-brown color, and is a type of soda that I grew up drinking too much of.
The geometry to me doesn't change much except a slight adjustment in wrist angle - everything else is the same. Others who used the knife please feel free to comment; to me, it is no harder or easier than any other "typical" geometry, just a little different. When I use it, I love it. But I can also use a more standard geometry easily. So again, my view is no impact on performance, just a change in angle.

Latest posts