• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Cris Anderson 245mm Nitro-V gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks~! As promised, this knife is up for sale after the pass around. I hope everyone enjoyed using it and checking out Cris' excellent work. I know the geometry worked for some, didn't work for others; I guess that's the fun of a pass around. Here is the pricing:
  1. General price: $925 CONUS/+$25 for Int'l
  2. Pass around participants price: $750 ($925 minus 7 folks x $25)
I probably won't lower price much beyond this point, but feel free to offer trades of the stuff I like (55mm or + heel, HF, Raquin, Yanick, Catcheside, Shi.Han, Radar). Here are the specs and photos, which are the same as the old photos because the knife looks exactly the same as before. The nice thing about the Nitro-V - super easy to use and care for and looks good day after day.
  • Nitro-V stainless, XXT
  • Std thickness, which equates to a laser for me, but some might think more mid-weight depending on preferences
  • Custom "root beer" stabilized maple handle
  • 216 grams
  • Heel at 65mm
  • Blade at 245mm
  • OAL at 401mm
Photos:
IMG_1857.jpg
IMG_1861.jpg
IMG_1860.jpg
IMG_1859.jpg
IMG_1858.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, beautiful knife. How this geometry reflects in the various cutting techniques? And what does "beer root" mean?
Root beer is perhaps a bad term for a mid- to light-brown color, and is a type of soda that I grew up drinking too much of.
The geometry to me doesn't change much except a slight adjustment in wrist angle - everything else is the same. Others who used the knife please feel free to comment; to me, it is no harder or easier than any other "typical" geometry, just a little different. When I use it, I love it. But I can also use a more standard geometry easily. So again, my view is no impact on performance, just a change in angle.

Back