• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Cris Anderson Gyutos (CJA Edged Art) - WH, mid-weight

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've got too many knives from Cris, so I'm going to put a few up for sale. These are all A++ knives and if they work for you, they really work. See the pass around comments for some feedback on one of Cris' knives that I've sent around to folks. Of note, these three are all a bit different from that one in terms of specs, so note the differences. Some workhorse and mid-weights in here and all are Nitro-V (AEB-L with added Vanadium). They are all in his Japanese geometry with longer flat spots (not French style). These are either as new, or lightly used. Test cuts only unless noted. I think they make a nice set, but I'll split them if folks want too. I'll always have a knife or two from Cris on my knife rack, I just don't want 5 sitting around right now!

From smallest to largest:

1. 150mm XH/XT Petty: Nitro-V
Custom triple-dyed black/dark purple stabilized maple handle with nickel spacer, western style diamond faceted handle. 171 grams, heel at 53mm, blade 150mm, OAL 295mm. Sharpened one 4k once. Asking $700.

2. 220mm XH/XT Gyuto: Nitro-V SOLD
Custom triple-dyed black/dark purple/dark pink stabilized Hawaiian Silky Oak with nickel spacer, western style diamond faceted handle. As new. 244 grams, heel at 58mm, blade 220mm, OAL 374mm. Asking $1075.

3. 240mm XXH/XXT gyuto: Nitro-V
Custom triple-dyed black/dark purple stabilized Box Elder handle with nickel spacer, western style diamond faceted handle. As new. 364 grams (!!!!), heel at 64mm, blade 244mm, OAL 415mm. A monster WH here for serious kitchen prep. Asking $1,250.

If someone wants the set of three, I'll take $350 off the set.

Photos below. More can be had quite easily! Ping me with questions.
IMG_2270.jpg
IMG_2269.jpg
IMG_2268.jpg
IMG_2267.jpg
IMG_2263.jpg
IMG_2227.jpg
IMG_2226.jpg
IMG_2225.jpg
IMG_2224.jpg
IMG_2223.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments! These are a pretty special group of knives. With this set in particular, you could do about anything. I should add that I'd be in interested in some trades or trades plus/minus cash depending on the knives - feel free to fire over offers via PM.

Great knives! I have a 155 petty and a 210 gyuto in AEB-L from and a 200 gyuto in W2 from Cris. Awesome cutters with exceptional ergonomics.

Back