Crossback Aprons

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking to order a Valentich apron from carbon next. But my white bark and Hedley&Bennets have both held up quite well. Also the cheapo $30 caldo from amazon was a good first crossback apron to try just to test the waters.

Anybody have any experience with any of the stuff from valentich?
It about that time to pick up a couple of new aprons, would like to hear more about them from anybody that’s tried them.
https://www.valentichgoods.com/
Decent, I have one from them. not cross back. The quality of construction is high. I have perhaps a strange gripe - the straps are too thick/heavy duty and don't really stayed tied that well. Also the metal hardware on the straps is heavy duty and you can kinda wack yourself with it throwing the strap over your head when putting it on - this might not apply to cross back. I prefer my hedley and bennet, but glad I tried it and glad to support their business, they seem cool.

I really like the comfort of H&B but they do fade and become worn after 100+ washings. I guess that’s to be expected. H&B seems like the shuns of the apron world atm I’m surprised there isn’t more competition

I really like the comfort of H&B but they do fade and become worn after 100+ washings. I guess that’s to be expected. H&B seems like the shuns of the apron world atm I’m surprised there isn’t more competition
I hear that. Like I said I’m glad I supported valentich and if you’re interested I think it’s worth checking out. I just decided after buying that one that from now on if I’m gonna spend $90 on an apron I’m going to get the one I know I like. Haven’t done 100 washings yet but I don’t feel like the color is gonna hold up significantly better than the h&b.

I don't use a crossback but those little apron clips on newerish jackets behind the neck have been a godsend. Can wear bragard travails without having them super loose. I sure wish those could be added to the rest of my jackets.

I'd like to put Cayson into the conversation as well. Thier chef coats and Aprons are all high quality at a decent price. I've used the. For 8 years or so and gave never been disappointed.

https://caysondesigns.com/aprons?apron_styles[]=314
Bumping this old thread to see what kinda recommendations I might get.
My Hedley&Bennets are wrecked at this point. Hundreds of washings I’m sure. Still not feeling that company anymore as most of their offerings are in flashy colors lmao.

I like my Tilit aprons but unfortunately they don’t make Cross backs, good designs lightweight, not too flashy, nice thin straps, decent price point. But my neck really prefers cross backs.
White bark is the best I’ve used in terms of weight, durability, simple aesthetic. But they’re roughly $100-110 per apron so I’m not sure I’m in the mood to pay that much.
Cayson looks cool. Might take a chance on one and finally try a Valentich.

Last edited:
Oh well my theory is if you wear a nice apron you can cover up your cheap $17 cook shirt/coat and no one notices.
Might look into it though. I can a appreciate a quality coat in the summer

Back