Crossback Aprons

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Orange Yolks

Reaction score
I have a Manahan (also available from JKI). Not a cross back per se, it's a Y-back. Expensive, but pretty durable, mildly waterproof, has decent pockets, and I like that it has a pocket for a sharpie. The Y-back isn't included, but you can buy it from Manahan's website. Darwin is also a pretty good guy, so supporting him is a cool plus in my book.

labor of love

Reaction score
looking to order a Valentich apron from carbon next. But my white bark and Hedley&Bennets have both held up quite well. Also the cheapo $30 caldo from amazon was a good first crossback apron to try just to test the waters.

labor of love

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with any of the stuff from valentich?
It about that time to pick up a couple of new aprons, would like to hear more about them from anybody that’s tried them.

Mikeadunne

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with any of the stuff from valentich?
It about that time to pick up a couple of new aprons, would like to hear more about them from anybody that’s tried them.
Decent, I have one from them. not cross back. The quality of construction is high. I have perhaps a strange gripe - the straps are too thick/heavy duty and don't really stayed tied that well. Also the metal hardware on the straps is heavy duty and you can kinda wack yourself with it throwing the strap over your head when putting it on - this might not apply to cross back. I prefer my hedley and bennet, but glad I tried it and glad to support their business, they seem cool.

labor of love

Reaction score
I really like the comfort of H&B but they do fade and become worn after 100+ washings. I guess that’s to be expected. H&B seems like the shuns of the apron world atm I’m surprised there isn’t more competition

Mikeadunne

Reaction score
I really like the comfort of H&B but they do fade and become worn after 100+ washings. I guess that’s to be expected. H&B seems like the shuns of the apron world atm I’m surprised there isn’t more competition
I hear that. Like I said I’m glad I supported valentich and if you’re interested I think it’s worth checking out. I just decided after buying that one that from now on if I’m gonna spend $90 on an apron I’m going to get the one I know I like. Haven’t done 100 washings yet but I don’t feel like the color is gonna hold up significantly better than the h&b.

Reaction score
I don't use a crossback but those little apron clips on newerish jackets behind the neck have been a godsend. Can wear bragard travails without having them super loose. I sure wish those could be added to the rest of my jackets.

labor of love

Reaction score
Received a few aprons from Tilit, both the wrinkle free line and the supply line.
Really recommend the supply line for anyone that wants a nice clean looking non flashy lightweight apron at a very reasonable price.

Reaction score
I'd like to put Cayson into the conversation as well. Thier chef coats and Aprons are all high quality at a decent price. I've used the. For 8 years or so and gave never been disappointed.