Quantcast

Cuff Links

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

tkern

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So upon my recent viewings of James Bond movies I've come to realize that I do not own a set of cuff links. I figure a set of custom damascus cuff links would be even better. I've been talking a little bit with Randy about it and was wondering if anyone else wanted to get in on this.

Johnny.B.Good

Reaction score
I have too many sets of cuff links to consider this, but am sure Randy will produce something unique and incredible for you.

If you want an inexpensive option while you wait, I have half a dozen pairs of these from Brooks Brothers that I like quite a bit.

ajhuff

Banned
Reaction score
Cuff links are so cool! But outside of prom and two weddings I never wore/wear them.

-AJ

Deckhand

Reaction score
I have too many sets of cuff links to consider this, but am sure Randy will produce something unique and incredible for you.

If you want an inexpensive option while you wait, I have half a dozen pairs of these from Brooks Brothers that I like quite a bit.
It used to be brooks brothers khakis with a navy blazer and Burberry trench coat. Glad my life is more casual now.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
I like the idea but I only own short sleeved and colorful shirts...:hula::aloha:

Stefan

Line cooked

Reaction score
I would be interested. I wear cufflinks at least twice a week...and I love unique ones.

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
OK guys. Were talking about doing a short run of awesome, damascus cuff links! Im thinking 12 to 14 mm rounds and or squares. With silver or antiqued backs.
Im thinking Explosion damascus or ultra cool mosaic pattern damascus faces. The price per set is not set in stone yet. But the more pre orders we can get the better price I will be able to offer on these sets.

currently Im thinking 45.00 to 50.00 a set. this price is not set in stone just a estimate. Once I know how many sets are being made. I will lock in.. but no more then 50.00 a set for sure.

If you are interested. please post here or pm so I can start a list..

Heres a example of the patterns I was thinking for these!

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
<sigh> I'm in. Dang it, Randy!

Probably will be a x-mas gift for my brother-in-law -- he has to dress up a lot. I try to limit dressing up myself to my weddings, and hopefully will not need another one of those for at least a few years.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
Put me down for a set of squares :)
I use a suit at work everyday, and it would be awesome with a pair of cufflinks from HHH

I liked the first damascus on the pics .)

Candlejack

Reaction score
A bit lost in translation when i saw the thread name.. i just related it to handcuffs, even though i know what cuff links are.
So i just started to wonder what a kinky little guy you where, to have damascus cuff-links made by Randy.

Then my mind wandered to places we should not go.

rsacco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Count me in. I was searching the interwebs for these a while ago.

Mint427

Reaction score
I have a set made from metorite - very cool and interesting especially when the light hits them. When I can figure out how to upload a photograph, I'll post them.

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Starting to build a list. So far we have six sets. and climbing!
If anyone wants more then one set. please let me know so I can modify the list and my count.

I would love to be at 10 sets B4 I start this, 20 would be even better. So I'm going to let this run for a little while longer then I will be contacting each of you with specific's. (price, dates. material choices and stuff!)

tkern, Line cooked, WildBoar, oivind_dahle, Craig, rsacco

Thanks guys, this is going to be fun!!

I was also thinking and on a request from a member.. That at some point in the future making and offering some forged damascus money clips. I may spend a few hours this weekend and make a couple to see how these will work out. Some would call it R&D I just call it having some fun on a Saturday afternoon!! Stay tuned!

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a set made from metorite - very cool and interesting especially when the light hits them. When I can figure out how to upload a photograph, I'll post them.
I think that would be a cool cuff link! I could also offer these with meteorite!! :D As a UPGRADE..

That would actually be pretty amazing. The stuff is so 3-D when the light hits it or its turned it changes. The stuff is just WILD!!!!

stevenStefano

Reaction score
I would be very interested in a set of cufflinks. It's my dad's 60th birthday soon and I think this would be a cool little gift

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like this thread should be linked in some manner to the compulsive buying thread :biggrin:

jm2hill

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd like a set please Randy!

Gonna give them to my dad!

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Its looking like this is going to happen!

Heres a updated list. if I missed someone let me know..

tkern
Line cooked
WildBoar
oivind_dahle
Craig
rsacco
The Edge
StevenStefano
jm2hill.

I will put together a group PM with all the details and send it out to you all this week. and we can get started!! I will also include the upgrade to meteorite info in the PM

If there are others interested. feel free to post up and get on the list.

Thanks guys!

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Count me in. Meteorite might be interesting.

k.

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
K, Added you to the list. Thanks. And that makes 10!!

tkern
Line cooked
WildBoar
oivind_dahle
Craig
rsacco
The Edge
StevenStefano
jm2hill.
mr drinky

Im looking into material options and styles for the backs, and will put together a email this week letting everyone know what options will be available. sizes and materials and prices.

I want to offer them in a high quality material and a well made design. which to do so, may mean a small increase in the price per set.. But the difference in quality will be priceless! I know upgrading to better materials will equate to a end product that I will be proud to make and sell. and that you will be proud to wear and or give as a gift, etc.
Im still working on getting just the right backs to use for these. Where I can still offer them to you guys at a great price, and still make a little money.. That is always a fine line when doing business..

Stay tuned, I will be sending PM's sometime this week and will update the post accordingly..

Thanks guys for your support!

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
Im off to Dubai i 2 days, so Im in on the meteorite as long as it doesn't have radiation.
I don't like round cuff links.
Im in on what ever you guys decide.

DeepCSweede

Reaction score
A bit lost in translation when i saw the thread name.. i just related it to handcuffs, even though i know what cuff links are.
So i just started to wonder what a kinky little guy you where, to have damascus cuff-links made by Randy.

Then my mind wandered to places we should not go.
Well - If Oivind said he was on board it is no wonder:rofl2:

GlassEye

Reaction score
Code:
Ok, I need a pair of these.
Edit: This forum is encouraging too many ridiculous purchases.

Latest posts