Currently Available

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings friends. Please let me know if you have any questions :)

Specs:
steel: 15n20
source: reclaimed bohler uddelholm bandsaw steel
Heat Treat: Jarod Todd @ RC63-64
Finish: fine scotchbrite with forced patina
165mm edge length x 37mm tall at heel
Balance point @ Ferrule
Spine and Choil chamfered
Cutting Geometry: fine distal taper, convexed bevels, edge finished on shapton pro ceramics
Handles: Octagon style with birch dowel peg, bonded with west systems g-flex
$135.00 for Bocote handled shipped CONUS
$145.00 for Blackwood handled shipped CONUS
Payment can be made by check or paypal

It has been over a year since Ive had anything available. Finally got my books cleared and I will be looking to offer these pettys on a regular basis. Let me know if you have any questions.
PFfQMVj.jpg

Dau6Z5Y.jpg

Specs:
steel: 15n20
source: reclaimed bohler uddelholm bandsaw steel
Heat Treat: Jarod Todd @ RC63-64
Finish: fine scotchbrite with forced patina
165mm edge length x 37mm tall at heel
Balance point @ Ferrule
Spine and Choil chamfered
Cutting Geometry: fine distal taper, convexed bevels, edge finished on shapton pro ceramics. These blades are ground to handle abuse and still perform at a high level. The profile is versatile and is a result of tweaking my design based on many "pass-arounds" in both home and pro settings. You will love it!
Handles: hidden tang, micarta frame style. bonded with west systems g-flex.

$235.00 for Carvex "redhead" handled shipped CONUS
$210.00 for Cast aluminum honeycomb handled shipped CONUS
Payment can be made by check or paypal.

If you prefer the patina be removed just let me know.

p71RgKT.jpg
3vsRL12.jpg
JRr88vO.jpg
7cCFSQT.jpg

I just saw this thread. The forced patina you do looks outstanding. And the knive look just as nice!

Model: Adventure Model

Steel: AEBL @ RC 62 w/ cryo temper (by Jeff Mutz)

Handle: Tapered tang w/ 8th dimension concepts cast acrylic/ aluminum honeycomb substrate

Pins are g10 and mosaic hollow pin.

4" of sharpened edge

Blade finish: rough belt finish w/ visible belt marks. This is a roughly finished user.

Blade Grind: high flat grind with a convexed distal taper. This is ground to slice very, very well. AEBL is pretty tough but lashing this to a stake and using as a spear will result in a tipped blade.

Battening will result in minor chips/bends. However , it would be pretty difficult for this blade to experience catastrophic failure. I know this b/c I have done all these things attachFull1327444

I am asking SPF shipped CONUS. I will throw in a can of treehouse too as long as its allowed.

iVffXdZ.jpg
BYglfz3.jpg
o5VlG1H.jpg
uk0tYCf.jpg
h1hnm6G.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

This knife here was supposed to be a super clean and classy build, however the corby bolts I used had very deep (too deep) blind bores on the female ends. To my dismay the holes were visible as I shaped the handle...I tried to fix by inlaying mosaic pins but It did not work out. So what we have here is a severe botch job on the handle pins but an otherwise top notch ground blade and primo ironwood burl....I have too many shop knives and I cant bare to just let this sit in my junk drawer. With that being said, ill still guarantee the handle from failure with normal use. Id replace it if the epoxy for some reason doesn't hold.

Heres the specs:

Model: Adventure Model

Steel: AEBL @ RC 62 w/ cryo temper (by Jeff Mutz)

Handle: ironwood burl (way overpaid for these, lol)

Pins are some corby bolt and mostly west systems g flex epoxy.

4" of sharpened edge

Blade finish: rough belt finish w/ visible belt marks. This is a roughly finished user.

Blade Grind: high flat grind with a convexed distal taper. You can see it has somewhat of a fine tip.

I did not finish the blade all the way out, its at a relatively clean 280 grit.

I am asking $120 shipped CONUS.
bXwLhWz.jpg
VRhjjBe.jpg
q8xKJoj.jpg
WYNMp5l.jpg

Hello,

Ive got this available. I cold forged a bit to bring out a pattern in the steel, I call the finish "ghost cloud". The knife model is called "backpacker"
There is plenty of belly in this design, I wanted to get in as much usable edge as I could in a small length. Specs below:

Steel: 52100 core/ Stainless cladding from Aldo @ New Jersey Steel Baron
Stock Thickness: just under 1/8"
Heat Treat: RC62 by Jarod Todd
Handle: Stabilized Curly Mango from @daliadesigns
Bevel Geometry: Flat grind to .010" behind the edge, tip is what I call "bushcrafter" its pointy but strong enough to do stuff View attachment 1369691
Full tang construction
Pins are G10 and mosaic pin tube.
West systems G flex for epoxy
Blade Length: 3-1/4"
Overall length: 7-3/4"
Width at widest point: 1-1/4"

Asking $180.00 shipped CONUS. Thank you for your consideration! Let me know if you have any questions.

8egbOyo.jpg
bTeEYhI.jpg

how do we see your knives? i see no pictures?

They’re showing up for me (iPhone), they weren’t at first but I refreshed and tapped the screen relentlessly for a couple seconds and they just showed up, I know that’s not a lot of help but I try

Very Nicely done.
I think you are underselling yourself though.
In my local custom cutlery shop that would easily sell for $225-$250

I have no problem leaving room for a reseller. Right now especially the market is brutal and I dont like hanging onto things more than a few weeks. This was originally listed elsewhere @ $240
Makes perfect sense in the economic climate.
I was really just trying to say that your work looks great and is worth much higher than asking price. 🤘

Hello,

Ive got this available. I cold forged a bit to bring out a pattern in the steel, I call the finish "ghost cloud". The knife model is called "backpacker"
There is plenty of belly in this design, I wanted to get in as much usable edge as I could in a small length.
this one is a bit different than my previous. The handle is a little more slim and has a slight palm swell. Specs below:

Bevel Geometry: Flat grind to .010" behind the edge, tip is what I call "bushcrafter" its pointy but strong enough to do stuff
Full tang construction

Asking $180.00 shipped CONUS. Thank you for your consideration! Let me know if you have any questions.
GifWCow.jpg
uEap61m.jpg
wXLCiXD.jpg
Gdzi3FW.jpg
Pfuki92.jpg

Hello,

There is plenty of belly in this design, I wanted to get in as much usable edge as I could in a small length.
this one is a bit different than my previous. The handle is a little more slim and has a slight palm swell. Specs below:

Bevel Geometry: Flat grind to .010" behind the edge, tip is what I call "bushcrafter" its pointy but strong enough to do stuff
Full tang construction

GifWCow.jpg
uEap61m.jpg
wXLCiXD.jpg
Gdzi3FW.jpg
Pfuki92.jpg
I love the San mai. Glws

My take on the classic French profile.
.140" thick above heel with full distal taper
1-7/8" tall at the heel
Materials: 26c3 and 15n20 damascus made by Salem Straub, Copper ferrule, Brazilian Kingwood handle.

This will be available in my webstore 11/14

[YouTube]

Seeing that knife made me said woah out loud. Beautiful work!

Back