• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Custom Kato workhorse

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdoublestack

Reaction score
Up for sale is my beloved kato workhorse. Swoon. It has been sharpened a few times. Most recently, it was slightly thinned, sharpened and refinished by Jon at JKI. Unused since then, it is in "better than new" condition. Seriously, Jon is amazing. I would not sell, but a baby on the way, leads me to a gradual purge of my extras. Went from 6 240mm, now down to 3... bummer. My loss, someone's gain.

It has d handle made of circassian walnut. This is the most comfortable d handle I know, slight taper from the heel of the knife to butt of the end. The balance point is perfect - just in front of the choil. The saya is made of Claro Walnut.

The height at the heel is 51mm; the length heel to tip, 242mm; the weight, 257g.

It is yours for $600 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back