Custom Togashi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our order is submitted! I want to reiterate how easy it's been to work this out with Strata Cutlery--Evan has been incredibly helpful and enthusiastic about this project. Thanks also to Nick (@FishmanDE ) for getting the ball rolling on this.

@FishmanDE @josemartinlopez @tcmx3 @RadioEdit @OkLobster @Alder26

Please pm me with your name and a good email address (that will still be active in 2022 :D). I'll submit your names to Strata to hold your knife.

I reached out to Evan and I was able to get on the Togashi custom train! Very happy to piggy back on the work that everyone else put in, big thanks to those who put this together!

Admitted moocher of others hard work - I emailed Strata today and jumped on board as well. I blame/thank @Mikeadunne for this most recent expense. He sold me a sweet Togashi/Togashi in White#2 that I like more every time I use it. I keep buying knives to try to replace it and it fights them all back. A taller, heavier, blue steel version feels almost like a no brainer.

If Lobster is out and I don’t get selected for the massdrop, I might be interested in this.

Should have ordered a B#1 or AS 240mmx56mm winter honyaki
In all seriousness, would you be in for one of these? Possibly with matching 150-180 utility/petty? Could get another thread going for high end honyaki interest. Not sure if it’s even possible but wouldn’t want to go down the road unless we had real interest in advance…

I just ordered a custom Togashi and Ikeda gyuto in B#1 240mmx56mmx4mm

In all seriousness, would you be in for one of these? Possibly with matching 150-180 utility/petty? Could get another thread going for high end honyaki interest. Not sure if it’s even possible but wouldn’t want to go down the road unless we had real interest in advance…

I would kill to have any one of these knives ..! I have only bin able to find his white 1 210mm Gyuto.. I just got . I would love to have one of his blue 1 knives with K tip would be awesome..!

It's been a while was really excited to see what the knife came out to be like.

I would kill to have any one of these knives ..! I have only bin able to find his white 1 210mm Gyuto.. I just got . I would love to have one of his blue 1 knives with K tip would be awesome..!
You can try contacting kamata hakensha. They do have togashi b1 cladding gyuto. Not sure on the ktip

Did these ever materialise? Assuming the horse has long bolted but would love to get in if not...

Back