Cutting food in the sheet pan. Ugh.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1AA6C6B0-24EC-4307-922E-2161C4ACB110.jpeg

This is what was in my counter when I got home today. Marco parer vs aluminum...

“I am not saying we can’t use custom knives on sheet pans. I just think we should limit the number of customs that we use for these tasks. Only so when we cut other foods we will have knives available that will be successful.”

Whew.... late onset COVID 19 diplomatic measures. It worked. We are still talking.

This hurts my everything. You need some stainless beater labeled "baking needs"

ugh. the pain felt by both the knife and the pan...

She used to be a pastry chef and has a Delbert Ealy parer that was sacrificed to sheet pans and dowels years ago. It’s the western deba of paring knives. I just really like this Marko for strawberries.

Look on the brightside. Could have been worse. Might have been put through a dishwasher cycle.

Just get them a hello kitty paring knife for these tasks And don't ever sharpen it.

I would specify further that said hello kitty paring knife should be a cheap one; note that on this forum, a hello kitty knife might be a Shigefusa!

All you heathens with your eating of fermented bananas...

Well, at least we’re focusing on the parts of the OP that are important now.

Edit: By the way, Christina Tosi would disagree with y'all about the readiness of the bananas, if I recall correctly. Y'all remember this recipe for Banana Cream Pie, e.g. from Mind of a Chef (Rotten)?

pic.jpg

Last edited:
I had deja vu when I saw that first pic... I have the same countertop and similarly inclined better half.

Wife also used to be a pastry chef. Watched while she used her favourite knife ( Takeda Funayuki ) to cut cherry/rhubarb cobbler out of a glass pan. As she had the knife, decided to remain silent. Keeps my sharpening skills at their best and she makes great stuff.

I generally liked watching the British baking show, but all the cutting on stoneware was cringeworthy. Had to keep reminding myself that the Wusthoffs they were using were only truly knives in a past life, and that they had been converted to spatulas. This is an expensive way to get a spatula, but is ultimately fine.

We also like that show. Had no idea who Mary Berry is until wife enlightened me. Usually, I only watch cooking shows to see their knives even though almost always disappointed with the junk they are using.

Mary Berry? Pfft
Everyone knows Delia Smith is the Queen of British cooking. Does anyone remember Fanny Craddock? Showing my age here.

Back