Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After admiring the feather pattern and craftsmanship for a couple months, it was time to put the Lisch to work making ginger apple crepe filling for Mothers Day. Will post a review after it gets some more time on the board, but initial impressions are that the integral bolster is amazingly comfortable, and the blade nicely tapered to give a fine tip, but still have some backbone in the back half.

Attachments

• IMG_3663.jpeg
    IMG_3663.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3661.jpeg
    IMG_3661.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
52903533836_b377836b63_o.jpg

I just wanted to see how this little Okahide 115mm fared breaking down a whole chicken and slicing up the breasts. It did the job but suffice to say my @MSicardCutlery Mk1 Mod 0 165mm honesuki is in no danger of being on the unemployment line. ;)

It's thin and sharp for sure though and I'm really enjoying it for light and quick tasks. Worth every penny of the $70!

DSC00525.JPG

Nothing too special here, just 3 work knives:

F. Dick Premier 250mm. There's still some pearlessence left to the handle. Not going to win any awards (despite what's written on the blade) but it does what I need it to. Wanted to post because I never see these anywhere.

K-Sabatier slicer, 240mm. Lost the text on the blade when someone took the bolster down for me, he thought I wanted it cleaned. Forced patina.

Opinel bread knife, 210mm. This is an OG. That curve at the tip is a game-changer.

Almost didn't post this when I saw a FAMILY of Milan's up there. This place is intimidating :p

So there I was with my @MSicardCutlery beast santoku doing some veggie prep...

52915382259_ef42a48294_o.jpg

...when my two daughters and one of my grandnephews knocked on the door for a surprise visit. I was feeling nostalgic and Grand Funk Railroad was belting out of the kitchen as they entered. My girls started chatting with their mom and Connor followed me into the kitchen. I have a passel of grandnieces and nephews and even just welcomed my first great grandniece into the world and I love them all dearly but Connor and I have always bonded. He also digs 70's rock. 😁

He sees my knife and is completely blown away. I've always been the family knife guy and I've gifted Connor more than one pocket and outdoor knife so my having a nice knife out wasn't a surprise but he's never really paid much attention to my kitchen knives and this one no doubt made an impression. I pulled down Pyro and he freaked out. He just kept talking about how awesome they are.

I had some carrots peeled and waiting to be cut so I cleaned up the board and grabbed one. Using the santoku I showed him how to find the balance point and then the proper pinch grip. He took to it readily. I showed him the claw and in no time he's making coins and expressing a combination of giddiness and disbelief. He actually made some pretty thin ones and that really blew his mind. He was pretty natural.

We talked about a few of the knives on my strips and he loved the idea of the rustic Japanese knives from Knife Japan.

I told him to come by anytime and we'd get him into a knife and start learning sharpening. He was super excited and it was obvious that the experience made a real impression. He's a mid-20's kid with a fiancé so we'll see but I intend to bug him about coming over.

If he does and takes it serious, I'm sure Uncle Erik can hook him up with some starting pieces.

Made my whole day. :)

DSC00529.JPG

Clement Knives 201mm San Mai Gyuto with W2 core steel and recycled NOS cannister cladding

Skeleton Fund 200mm Gyuto in N690. Handles are recycled fishing crates and I actually like holding them. Skeleton Fund one's a collab with Silo (restaurant in London). I've never been but I like the colour combo.

The Skeleton Fund one's a little rougher with the fit and finish, but I really like it as a work knife, so that's what it's going to be.

DSC00533.JPG

After running out of space on my previous knife rack and seeing the blocks from here: Home butcher mystery boxes I decided to get myself one. I reached out to Lev from EstheticsWorkshop on Etsy (I really recommend him to anyone especially in the EU). He was very accommodating; I needed something taller and bigger for 260mm knives and big spines (up to 7mm). In the end I got myself this awesome and aesthetically original 12 knives block

block3.jpg
block2.jpg

He sent me this for comparison: The small one is his normal size, the big one is mine. And the final price was more than reasonable. Also there are plenty of space between knives, so if space is a problem, I'm sure you could get a less-spaced one and alternate the handles like the one on the post I linked.

1684838465379.png

Anyway, sorry for all the ranting, have a good day :)

I know it's technically not a knife pic, but there are a few knives in the picture 😇
Edit to add the knives if anyone was interested. From left to right:
Kippington 240mm LP
Spare MCX Apex ultra 250mm
Shiro Kamo 240mm stainless clad AS ktip gyuto
Kanetsune 210mm gyuto
Unknown 180mm VG10 nakiri
Fu Rin Ka Zan 135mm White 1 petty by TF
Shi Han A2 125mm ktip petty
Some european beater :)

Last edited:
Back