Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was pretty much away for 4 days and was stuck at work while a big typhoon hit the island. Came home tonight and I already knew that this was bound to happen. Im just sad that 3 of my favorite knives was ruined. 😭 Tanaka x Kyuzo Migaki, Tanaka x Kyuzo Stainless and Nakagawa x Myojin B1 Dam.
IMG_8394.jpeg

So I was pretty much away for 4 days and was stuck at work while a big typhoon hit the island. Came home tonight and I already knew that this was bound to happen. Im just sad that 3 of my favorite knives was ruined. 😭 Tanaka x Kyuzo Migaki, Tanaka x Kyuzo Stainless and Nakagawa x Myojin B1 Dam.View attachment 245384
Does this mean your home was damaged during the typhoon as well? Sorry to see the collection take a hit

So I was pretty much away for 4 days and was stuck at work while a big typhoon hit the island. Came home tonight and I already knew that this was bound to happen. Im just sad that 3 of my favorite knives was ruined. 😭 Tanaka x Kyuzo Migaki, Tanaka x Kyuzo Stainless and Nakagawa x Myojin B1 Dam.View attachment 245384
All of this situation is terrible, I wish you the best of luck with getting everything accounted for, dried out and repaired.

At least from this picture, none of your knives look ruined, to me. There may be some slight staining, but I'd bet pretty much all of that water damage will be cosmetic and most of it should be able to be corrected pretty easily.

mawar sounds brutal - hope you and your loved ones are safe. i have a lot of family in the northern part of the philippines and really hoping it loses strength. 🙏

Family picture with guest appearance of @martinhuber's passaround nakiri!
msg1584518373-18748.jpg

msg1584518373-18749.jpg

Top to bottom:
Spare MCX apex ultra 250mm gyuto
Shiro Kamo stainless clad aogami super245mm kiritsuke
Kippington 52100 240mm Laser Pony
Raquin 26C3 210mm gyuto
Kanetsune 210mm gyuto
Laguiole 200mm dammy chef's knife (cheap stainless beater)
Unknown VG10 180mm nakiri
Martin Huber 1.2419 173mm nakiri
TF Fu Rin Ka Zan White 1 135mm petty
Shi han A2 125mm ktip petty

mawar sounds brutal - hope you and your loved ones are safe. i have a lot of family in the northern part of the philippines and really hoping it loses strength. 🙏
Guam got hit really hard and yes it’s heading toward philippines and I think my province in Philippines will also get hit by Mawar.

Guam got hit really hard and yes it’s heading toward philippines and I think my province in Philippines will also get hit by Mawar.
Hoping all the best for you and your family.

So I was pretty much away for 4 days and was stuck at work while a big typhoon hit the island. Came home tonight and I already knew that this was bound to happen. Im just sad that 3 of my favorite knives was ruined. 😭 Tanaka x Kyuzo Migaki, Tanaka x Kyuzo Stainless and Nakagawa x Myojin B1 Dam
I'm so sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I don't think we're organizing formal monthly themes, but I'm still swapping out rotations after a month.

This was May:
PXL_20230528_165437570.jpg

L-R: Mazaki 240, Unshu 210, Sakai 165, Itinomonn 150, Wok Shop Veg Cleaver, <Don't Know> 145, Dalman ~155, Vic 11.5"

This is June:
PXL_20230528_170008669.jpg

L-R: Toyama 270, Unshu 270, Morihei 240, Ikenami 150, Wok Shop Veg Cleaver, <Don't Know> 145, Dalman ~155, Vic 11.5"

Haven't been using this 270 Mazaki suji much and grabbed it tonight to slice some biltong. Great knife for the job. Hopefully this will get me picking it up more. Sorry for the bad nighttime kitchen lighting pic.

@itzjustchris1 , hate to see the damage you've endured, stay strong brother!

View attachment 246332
I’ve got that knife. I should use it more too. I think there is a watermellon in its future tonight.

Back