Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
knives from 4 continents and 5 countries, still couple more till world domination...
View attachment 203903
Btw anyone have suggestions for knives from South American and African makers hit me up, I'm looking at Fellipi knives and CruzeiroFacas now. Advice regarding Antarctica also welcome, no frozen poop knife tho.

Btw anyone have suggestions for knives from South American and African makers hit me up, I'm looking at Fellipi knives and CruzeiroFacas now. Advice regarding Antarctica also welcome, no frozen poop knife tho.

I'm sure you mean kitchen knives but whenever I think of an African maker, I instantly think Arno Bernard.

When it comes to South America, I bookmarked something called 'lingua de chimango'... it's essentially a meat slicer, but it comes in slightly different shapes than we're used to, but I honestly don't really know the history or the specifics. Might be worth googling up.

Generally I can say that ootb sharpness is quite decent on the Kurosaki Nakiri o_O

IMG_20221020_110040-2.jpg

44568569bv.jpeg

Do you guys know that, when you buy a knife although you don’t need it but you still buy it because the price is too good to be true and it looks like exactly your thing? The best thing is when you expect nothing and get blown away once it’s there. @ashy2classy , thank you so much again for this transaction. It’s been a while but I really enjoy this Moritaka with custom handle made by Tony LaSeur.

When it comes to South America, I bookmarked something called 'lingua de chimango'... it's essentially a meat slicer, but it comes in slightly different shapes than we're used to, but I honestly don't really know the history or the specifics. Might be worth googling up.
This is what Google said about lingua de chimango. Have not found the history of these knives in English or German, but am interested in it.:
https://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/faca-lingua-chimango

My first line beater, a Whustof Classic (I think) santoku. What a good cutter it was. If only I was a bit more skilled at sharpening. But this knife sure helped me learn to become a better sharpener. It was dropped several times and eventually the handle cracked and pieces fell off, the tip was bent and then I repaired it as best I could. It’s punched holes in many an olive oil cannister.
3052B178-ABA0-44E4-849E-A59F699AC2F7.jpeg
Now its sharpened into the granting bevels. But it’s staying with me for sentimental reasons.
75E0771E-CC1E-4D6D-ACC8-67F8F3474909.jpeg

Latest posts

Back