Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumbleHomeCook

Embrace your knifesculinity!
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, let's see if we can't get this going.

Doesn't have to be a kitchen knife. Pocket, hunting, kitchen, gardening, whatever, post 'em up!

Of course you don't have to post every day. Just when you think about it or feel like it, toss a pic in this thread.

Post one pic or ten! Post the same knife over and over if you have a favorite.

It would be great if you described the knife so others know what it is.

Basically, let's see them knives. :)

I'll start with a my Suncraft Senzo Black Bunka that I have been slowly working on. Today I did some spine and choil refining.

8wZXaFn.jpg

View attachment 126536
Sakai Takayuki tall bunka - want to get rid of that damn sandblast finish but fear the convex polishing.

The texture on that one looks pretty deep.... I would fear the small scale concavities (little holes), not the large scale convexity. Unless I’m misunderstanding your intent, you would have to remove some serious metal to get a smooth surface over the whole knife.

Actual lineup - minus the Victo bunch.
IMG_9472.jpg

The Mabs actual Kasumi went into an intermediary phase beforehand, where I played with another med stone in my usual progression and some more pressure. Scratchy but it looked pretty cool. I might expand on the concept one of those days.
037.jpg

The Konosuke has gone through a second Kasumi run and now looks pretty even.
HDSale2.jpg

The Kikumori petty is supposed to be MoV hardened to 58-59 and cost me under 20$ CAD... Didn't come around to use or sharpen it yet, so we'll see. At worst, it will make a nice gift to someone.

1-2 Gyuto will sadly need to go in a foreseeable future. It's becoming harder and harder to sell one... these are all best in class, great performers and steels, and a joy to sharpen.

The texture on that one looks pretty deep.... I would fear the small scale concavities (little holes), not the large scale convexity. Unless I’m misunderstanding your intent, you would have to remove some serious metal to get a smooth surface over the whole knife.

The plan is only to polish the “primary” bevel, if you can call it that.. I’m intending to leave the KU as is. Just that sandblasted part is gritty as all hell, creates a lot of friction.

you are right about the rest of the blade tho, there’s significant pitting and unevenness that would require a ton of work to polish up. I’m a sucker for KU and “rustic”/raw/unfinished looking things, luckily.

Last edited:
Reactions: ian
Back