Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You still haven’t put a handle on it yet? 😳
Send it over to me to give it the love it deserves 😂
All in good time 😊, works great without the handle too, the tang is huge. Feel free to shoot some ideas for the handle 😁

Leftoversbeeftortillas incoming

IMG_20210607_203216__01~2.jpg

Set of the day:

41378688dy.jpeg

41378691bq.jpeg

41378690ud.jpeg

41378689no.jpeg

I have that same Dengjia and was surprised by how much I like it. Busted it all up cutting up turkey carcasses because even though it wasn’t the right tool it was the cheapest thing I had on hand, then spent a couple hours fixing it. It isn’t quite as thin as it was but it’s still fabulous.

My current service board knife, Sukenari Hap40 210 K-tip. It is a pretty serviceable blade. The spine and stainless cladding are sturdy enough to take a beating. I recently rounded the spine and choil, and put a new comfy handle on it. Stabilized curly oak with a brass nosepiece.

View attachment 130361
Damn fine handle work

Yeah man! I know we talked about it earlier. I'm (hopefully) a week away from graduation, then I can get back into the shop again...

I am sure you will come up with something cool! I have barely had time to do any handle work because ,y job has been so busy. Everyone wants to come out to eat, but no one wants to come out and work in a restaurant.

Sunday was a day of Maz (and a cheeky flash of Blazen)

Forgot to shoot the finished meal - too late and busy eating - but griddled asparagus with asparagus risotto. I added far too much cheese really, but it was darn fine

1623620723197.jpeg

Sunday was a day of Maz (and a cheeky flash of Blazen)

Forgot to shoot the finished meal - too late and busy eating - but griddled asparagus with asparagus risotto. I added far too much cheese really, but it was darn fine

View attachment 131221

Man that is a good looking gyuto! I love that handle.

Man that is a good looking gyuto! I love that handle.

You’re too kind HHC. No, you really are in this case: this is one of the widely disliked Maz handles with the walnut ferrule. Looks cheap, feels cheap and blocky. It does look mildly better after a thorough soaking in mineral oil admittedly, and i can at least boast that it’s the same handle used on the $2500 Mazaki damascus from the same retaler.

Good gyuto mind - others may have been unlucky wIth thick grinds from the same batch, but this one was a peach to cut with ootb.

Reactions: Pie
You’re too kind HHC. No, you really are in this case: this is one of the widely disliked Maz handles with the walnut ferrule. Looks cheap, feels cheap and blocky. It does look mildly better after a thorough soaking in mineral oil admittedly, and i can at least boast that it’s the same handle used on the $2500 Mazaki damascus from the same retaler.

Good gyuto mind - others may have been unlucky wIth thick grinds from the same batch, but this one was a peach to cut with ootb.

I'm a sucker for a light handle/dark ferrule combo. :)

Latest posts

Back