Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3BBEA328-DEFB-44A3-BE86-01357C16997E.jpeg

Yooooo your cheesecake looks perfect! 10x better than mine!
Not…if I had your skills, wifey wouldn’t have to walk to Nightbird and wait in line to get her fix!
I should have fed some to the Predator…
C45E37D6-A13E-45D7-A7C3-105B007B2F6B.jpeg

#WAPbeatsBasuku

Cleaver Project Update
OOTB last week it was rough all over and almost as dull as the credit card I used to pay for it. Hit it on all surfaces and edges with a progression of 1500> 2000> 2500> 3000> 5000> and finally 7000 sandpaper, oiled up the handle, then worked it on my Shapton 1000 and 5000 stones, and finally to the leather strop for a few strokes <the cleaver, not the credit card!!>. Now it is both shiny, sharp, and smooth to the touch. It passed the paper test, but really as Charlie Brown used to say, "ashes to ashes, dust to dust, the proof of the pudding, is under the crust," so I wasn't gonna be satisfied until I juli'd an onion. I am happy. I don't think this will be my favorite cutter anytime soon, but I can see the attraction. I'll keep reaching for it from time to time to build a better feeling using it and we'll see how it goes, it is a pretty cool tool. Bonus: I have an onion caramelizing on the range which I am confident I will find a delicious use for tonight.
cck-vs-onion.jpg

Back