Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simon Herde pairing knife - it can't get better.

44409759oi.jpg

Mack.

Had a bit of a session with the cheap J-petty my friend did a rehandle on.

Let's recall...

20$ CAD (rebate) Sakai Kikumori SS 120mm petty with a plywood handle that had become loose...

IMG_2561.JPG
IMG_2563.JPG

Became... Wild red cherry custom... I asked for the supersized Yo he did, because it's mostly used in hand or cutting through ungodly stuff, so I wanted a sure grip away from the blade - but close enough. His tapering is excellent.

IMG_2551.jpg
IMG_2550.jpg

A fortnight after, I went for my usual, Victo perfected cheap-steel method to a full "Kasumi" (well this one is still rather Migaki, but it was a first go on a quite more resistant steel than Victo's) trying to incur maximum convex to a thinner edge with a relief bevel.

Victo example (150mm "Chef" Fibrox) that I spent a couple sessions in creating an easily extendable, crazy relief, and a full session fine tuning the Kasumi on top of prior sessions.

IMG_1316.jpg

Work done here:

IMG_2678.jpg
IMG_2679.jpg
IMG_2680.jpg
IMG_2681.jpg
IMG_2682.jpg

Also rounded the heel so as to avoid nicks in some operations.

Actual proof my knives touch food @HumbleHomeCook 🤣.

BC055035-2B82-4E81-B2EF-A852A4601E06.jpeg

Where’s the patina you ask? Uhh… it’s.. pretty unreactive with the current polish.. time stamp? Ummmmm.. I didn’t have any paper around.. I swear I use my knives! I swear!

On a more serious note. @blokey just buy it… nobody will know.. 🤫

Last edited:
Actual proof my knives touch food @HumbleHomeCook 🤣.

View attachment 200909

Where’s the patina you ask? Uhh… it’s.. pretty unreactive with the current polish.. time stamp? Ummmmm.. I didn’t have any paper around.. I swear I use my knives! I swear!

On a more serious note. @blokey just buy it… nobody will know.. 🤫
I'd certainly go for one if I haven't got the Zakuri Sabaki already, but that said I do own bunch of gyutos doing pretty much the same thing...

Reactions: Pie
Back