Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7EB2D75D-3434-4DFC-BE9B-B1EB714E2FDC.jpeg

Todays play time set.
Unfortunately 2 of these do not belong to me šŸ˜­

Kippington
Hyde custom
Merion custom
Joel Black Apex. First of its kind! Maybe one of the first Apex ultra knivesā€¦

Kamon gyuto- 242x52mm Shichi mai, 1.2519 core, SS clad, 251g

Yanick gyuto- 236x58mm Classic KU with Stabilized willow handle, 242g

Kato gyuto- 230x53mm STD, 213g

Jiro santoku #367- 167x58mm, W1, 194g
4CA8B42C-B4D4-4BD6-A68B-E1824660D9E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Helping with ā€˜tater soup prep. Decided to bring out the markin as a test to see how the karys is doing. It still blows my mind that the markin, which is double the weight of some knives Iā€™ve seen in its size range, still ends up outperforming everything in my collection barring a cleaver. Pretty incredible the performance the man squeezed out of stock thatā€™s nearly 1/3ā€ of steel above the heel.

Attachments

• 0ECA1B89-C80D-4A01-A829-9D4E1BBA8F48.jpeg
    0ECA1B89-C80D-4A01-A829-9D4E1BBA8F48.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nakiri October!

HKvsLCSl.jpg

Yeah, I know, phonetically, Nakiri November! makes more sense but see, a friend asked if I was going to participate in Sober October. After recoiling in horror and snapping back with, "F..." well, I mean, I declined. But, I didn't want to seem like I lacked commitment ya know? So, Nakiri October it was!

So, for the entire month, my Wat Pro has, by and large been my primary knife, with the gyuto's lounging and taking spa days.

Woosh. Yep, tough times. Sacrifices and all that.

Cheers.

šŸŗ

Nakiri October!

HKvsLCSl.jpg

Yeah, I know, phonetically, Nakiri November! makes more sense but see, a friend asked if I was going to participate in Sober October. After recoiling in horror and snapping back with, "F..." well, I mean, I declined. But, I didn't want to seem like I lacked commitment ya know? So, Nakiri October it was!

So, for the entire month, my Wat Pro has, by and large been my primary knife, with the gyuto's lounging and taking spa days.

Woosh. Yep, tough times. Sacrifices and all that.

Cheers.

šŸŗ
That's a great strategy to cut back. I'll borrow a page from your book, and only buy more 240 gyutos during months that have 24+ days

Back