Damasteel Chef knife, withdrawn for a while due to knife show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Trajkovski

Scaniansteel
Reaction score
My magnum opus as a knifemaker (at least at the moment). As a hobbyist I can put down extra time on each knife that I craft and I have spent the last three months crafting two chef knives, one which is for sale here.

Asking price: $699
Shipping: EU $10 rest of the world $20

I'm aware that there is a kind of "catch 22" present with buying an expensive knife from me, a knifemaker without an reputation like the pro makers on this forum. I therefore offer a "test period" to the buyer. Contact me within three days of delivery of the knife if you are not satisfied.

Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.

A "build log" of sorts is availiable here: https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/starting-up-a-new-project.39480/

IMG-2140.JPG

IMG-2072.JPG

Sales pitch:

This chef knife is handmade from Damsteel which is one of the premier "super steels", and the only super steel that comes in patterned varieties. The blade is ground full flat, hand polished to a mirror finish, etched in acid to bring out the pattern and then meticulously sharpened by hand.

The handle is made from stabilized Ambonya burl, hand formed to fit the blade and patterned to fit the thumb and forefinger of the hand holding the knife. The burl is absolutely stunning to behold and thanks to the stabilization able to stand the test of time together with the blade. The tang of the blade has as a last step been carefully etched to bring out the pattern of the steel even in the handle.

Delivered shaving sharp, video of the knife being tested after sharpening:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrbtoKolMP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11ng1g8qfqfd8

Data:

Blade of stainless Damasteel® Twist with an contured handle of stabilized Ambonya burl and bronze.

Full tang construction with damascus pattern visible around the perimeter of the handle. Hardened to 60-61 HRC (depends on which of the two steels that are measured)

Length: 30 cm
Blade length: A little over 19 cm
Spine width: 3,5 mm
Blade height: 3,9 cm (at heel)
Edge angle: 18°

IMG-2073.JPG

IMG-2074.JPG

IMG-2075.JPG

IMG-2076.JPG

IMG-2077.JPG

IMG-2079.JPG

IMG-2080.JPG

2038F772-593A-4378-921E-78EF4797EAB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Could we get more closeup shots of the pattern? It looks amazing!

Here are some more shots of the blade and the handle, It's hard to show of the blade in it's full splendor when it's photographed due to the mirror reflctions in the steel. I'll see if I can add a "tomato video" to show of the pattern of the steel better.

LRG--DSC6151.jpg

LRG--DSC6157.jpg

One side of the handle
LRG--DSC6161.jpg

Other side of the handle
LRG--DSC6164.jpg

Underside of handle
LRG--DSC6175.jpg

Spine
LRG--DSC6178.jpg

Pattern of the steel
LRG--DSC6148.jpg

LRG--DSC6153.jpg

Finger grove clearly visible, blade reflects the sun in this picture
LRG--DSC6163.jpg

Attachments

• LRG--DSC6155.jpg
    LRG--DSC6155.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Will have to withdraw this knife from sale for a couple of months. Damasteel is considering it for inclusion in their Damasteel® Chef Invitational which is held in Chicago May 20th.

Last edited:
Back