• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dan Prendergast 240mm gyuto with custom wa handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Considering selling this new purchase. Used in my home kitchen to prep garlic, a big tray of root veggies, and carve a turkey. Custom ordered to be just like one priezzo got a while back. All carbon workhorse with big spine that thins to a nimble tip, great distal taper. Convex grind that really shines with garlic in my limited experience with it. Hardly sticks to the blade.

Starting to patina a bit. I ordered from Dan with no handle. Killer K&G stabilized buckeye burl handle with stabilized box burl ferrule (if I recall) with silver spacers by pcpken. Balance is right at the pinch grip.

I waited about 7 months for this and while it's a wonderful knife, it's too much of an all around workhorse for my meager home needs and small prep sessions. I tend to prefer lasers and thinner grinds.

$410 shipped and PayPal'd within the US. International folks, we can use usps or FedEx for additional cost. Thank you!

IMG_1621.jpgIMG_1622.jpgIMG_1627.jpgIMG_1628.jpgIMG_1629.jpgIMG_1630.jpgIMG_1632.jpgIMG_1633.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back