Dang. now i have to cook Christmas dinner

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
i thought i was in the clear. i had a visit to a Dim Sum restaurant all figured out. eat, pay, dust the food crumbs off my butt and go home.

my BIL torpedoed my plans. he can only meet for an EVE dinner. now i cant wake up Christmas day without some minor event. hahah..

thinking a Braised Jewish Brisket.

i cant believe how fast this year went flying by. PHOOSH!!

My wife's parents always did a meat fondue with three lovely sauces and a variety of pickles and sliced baguette on the side for Christmas eve. It was always a highlight when we visited them in Germany. We would have loved to continue that tradition here in the US with our kids, but always found ourselves way too busy with this and that on the Eve to pull it off. We did the only reasonable thing, meat fondue is now the Christmas dinner tradition.

If you don't want the hassle of a lot of cooking go with a roast. Rib roast, leg of lamb, pork shoulder, etc. Something you only have to slater in oil, S&P plus maybe some dried herb blend and then stuff in the oven. Simple sides like baked potatoes or some broccoli or cauliflower. This will all keep prep and to a minimum, plus it's pretty hands-off during cooking.

If your family does not eat meat on x-mas eve for symbolic religious reasons than bake a tray of frozen fish sticks 😁

Then dim sum xmas day for you and whoever -- with no prep, cooking or clean-up needed.

Latest posts

Back