Daniel Linkenheld Knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shankster

Founding Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this knife maker or his work? The latest issue of Lee Valley's catalog has some of his knives on the cover.Not kitchen knives,but very cool knives indeed..He's from Elmwood Ontario Canada.Tried googling him but not much info.

He's been smithing for years now, and he does custom kitchen knives as well. Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Tell your dad he makes some very cool loking knives and he should have his own website.Not a lot of info on him on the interweb..I'm sure that Lee valley cover will bring him plenty of attention(I wish I could post a photo of it)

Is that the jan cover? They looked sweet I tried to find them in the book but I couldn't see anything!

Hello, and thank you for your interest.
The knives on the Lee Valley Catalogue is a representation the knives I usually make. I do make kitchen knives. alittle while ago I got frustrated with the knives I had to carve roasts and turkeys so I made a 10" Japanese style knife for the purpose and it works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! You should stick around. We could use more arty farty knives, I believe. It's a bunch of hot rods around here...and David Broadwell.

The knives featured on the cover of Lee valley are amazing. Do you have a website? I'm hoping once my new career takes off and I start making money that I can purchase some equipment and try my hand and creating my own blades.

I actually kept the January catalogue because I wanted to keep checking those knives out. Too bad they weren't for sale, as I had hoped.
Those are some sweet knives!

Here ya go.

5ff4b19b.jpg

So it was just the cover! How did you guys figure out what his name was? I couldn't see any in there for sale!

An interesting mix of the traditional "blacksmith" knife look with the Bill Moran style wire inlay handle decoration on the bigger fixed blades.

So it was just the cover! How did you guys figure out what his name was? I couldn't see any in there for sale!

The info is on the inside cover page near the bottom.You really have to look for it.

Wow, those are stunning!! Kitchen knives ploxx=!! :D

Mr. Linkenheld!!

Congratulations on the Lee Valley cover. I'm interested in your work. I'd like to contact you and talk more about your unique materials. Thanks,

Lee McDonald

[email protected]

Back