Daniels/Candlejacks humble collection!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candlejack

Reaction score
Hi! Thought it was time for my small and humble collection of working-knives to go up here. A culinary student on a tight budget so it's nothing special and not a whole lot.
I'm not sure the KN-knives have been up here before, but they are a treat. I should try and find more, these have been in the family for a long, long time full of mis-use.

Kagayaki Santoku - Aogami Super, 16,5cm

4tbwGh.jpg

P8wbih.jpg

65bEyh.jpg

jkkLKh.jpg

Kagayaki VG-10 petty, 15cm

D0TLeh.jpg

QK30Qh.jpg

Sagaform Edge - Chef's knife, 1.4116 - The kitchen *****

IDgiVh.jpg

FrhAth.jpg

4PqMPh.jpg

Fu-rin-ka-zan Nakiri, 16,5cm White #1 ( / Terayusu Fujiwara )

yPD8Yh.jpg

PkFR1h.jpg

ImMzJh.jpg

Akifusa 24cm Gyoto - SRS-15 PM-steel, 64-65 hrc

HiZRJh.jpg

7XiB5h.jpg

QK30Qh.jpg

And the classic, the Victorinox paring-knife.
Sharpened "shave-ready" for shallots and the like.

wkIFZh.jpg

Sagaform Edge (Once again, 1.4116) salmon-knife.

bMz6Nh.jpg

ARGH. "You have submitted 27 images of a maximum of 20 allowed, please adjust"

There i sat changing out URL to IMG on every single one, then that comes up, and it makes it all refresh. I hate my life.

**** THIS. I redid it all, happy and jolly i took away a few lines of links.. missed one..

Third time's the charm.. now it's working. Sorry for the bad photoquality. Neither me or the camera is any good at it.

My Karlsson Nilsson knives in 12c27

33Qwrh.jpg

vpCa1h.jpg

dKAk6h.jpg

tfpR6h.jpg

KSomVh.jpg

Gesshin Ginga 240mm WA-gyoto, white #2

EIQ1gh.jpg

5r9WKh.jpg

PsSDQh.jpg

hkDUjh.jpg

Qra16h.jpg

eWrVkh.jpg

uSq1Eh.jpg

Have you used the Ginga much? They don't seem as common as the Konosukes and I am curious as to how they compare

Have you used the Ginga much? They don't seem as common as the Konosukes and I am curious as to how they compare

Not that much yet, but a bit. And to this point, i'm lovestruck. It's a really great cutter with good fit & finish and a nice shape to it, in my opinion. I love it.

How long are those Nilsson blades? 90/120 mm? How do you like the upswept handles. The two look pretty extreme to my eye.

How long are those Nilsson blades? 90/120 mm? How do you like the upswept handles. The two look pretty extreme to my eye.

12 and 17cm, it's not an extreme upsweep. It's perfect imo. Very comfy to work with.

Nice :)

How is the akifusa doing now?
How do you like the fujiwara nakiri?

Latest posts

Back