DaoVua V3 52100 Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoo

┐⁠(⁠ ⁠∵⁠ ⁠)⁠┌
KKF Lifetime Supporter KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I was trying not to buy anything for 2023, got sucked into All Rectangle March and bought this to participate. Have realize that put me into a mental spot I was trying to avoid, so I need to purge and clear my mind.

I'm PIF'ing this as it is not a perfect knife. It's got bends and a ding. It works, but likely a project. In discussion with the vendor they said this knife is out of spec and due to them being in the US and me being in Canada, the decision was that I got refunded my payment.

So I'm letting this go for the price of shipping - I'll say $20CAD for Canada/ConUS. My only conditions are a) that you PIF it if you are going to move it on and charge shipping only b) you put the same condition on the next person.

The details:
300g, 200mm edge, 89mm heel, 90mm midpoint, 85mm tip

The ugly: The spine has a warp (if you want I can get a pic), the edge has a warp (pic below), the grind is uneven - it is nail flexing at the heel and thickens up towards the tip. The grind appears lefty at the heel, righty at the tip (maybe due to the warps?). There is ding about 20mm away from the heel (pic below)

Knife pic:
220004-20230309-144135.jpg

The edge warps:
20230310_082534.jpg

The ding in the edge (this is in the nail flexing part of the edge):
20230309_151604.jpg

What would Shipping to Austria be? Any idea?
Thanks!

Back