Dec 5th, 2011 - New SFGZ Carters!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one. 5.5 sun, nice and small.

You mean some of your money is going to Burke and Marko, surely not all of it. There are some orphan knives out there just waiting for a good home like yours Oivind. You think about that, then revisit that Carter link, and do the right thing. ;)

In all seriousness, 7 Markos, 3 Pierres, and 4 Burkes is insane. It's possible you need professional help.

I agree, and the professionals I'm thinking of are named Rader, Fowler and Ealy.

the 6.4 sun, had to try it out :)

Hey DK, bad news. I had sent them an email with my suspicions about that being a 5.4 and got the below in response. You might be getting an email from them soon...

"Thank you for the email and the keen eye. You were right about the item being listed wrong. We're currently checking the rest of the items to ensure that they're all correct, and we appreciate you letting us know."

Uh and Devin. It's not like he can't one-up that DTITK prototype. :D Dang. I wanted that 6.4 sun...

Hey DK, bad news. I had sent them an email with my suspicions about that being a 5.4 and got the below in response. You might be getting an email from them soon...

"Thank you for the email and the keen eye. You were right about the item being listed wrong. We're currently checking the rest of the items to ensure that they're all correct, and we appreciate you letting us know."

thank you bprescot, i recived an email from them and they offered me another knife instead or that i could wait a couple of days since they had the 6.4 in production and would be finish in few days, so i told them i could wait :) no harm done there. actually i send them an email after i read your post about you suspicions ;) so thanks again.

thank you bprescot, i recived an email from them and they offered me another knife instead or that i could wait a couple of days since they had the 6.4 in production and would be finish in few days, so i told them i could wait :) no harm done there. actually i send them an email after i read your post about you suspicions ;) so thanks again.

No 6 month wait there, great service ... look forward to see it early next year :)

No 6 month wait there, great service ... look forward to see it early next year :)

exactly :) great customer service and fast reply on my email. dont forget to bring yours

I've asked this once before but I don't think I got an answer... why does it seem like everyone on here wants BIGGER (240 & 270 for a gyuto) but when it comes to Carter people are always talking about buying a dinky little funayaki?

I don't have any type of petty or utility knife. Is this where a Carter funayaki fits in? I don't need another knife, but I would love to see what all the fuss is about! :)

I've asked this once before but I don't think I got an answer... why does it seem like everyone on here wants BIGGER (240 & 270 for a gyuto) but when it comes to Carter people are always talking about buying a dinky little funayaki?

I don't have any type of petty or utility knife. Is this where a Carter funayaki fits in? I don't need another knife, but I would love to see what all the fuss is about! :)

I'm guessing it's a combination of Carter's higher pricing for larger knives, the low availability of them, and that people do have to have a smaller knife in their collection.

Hi

I know its not cool to say this but how do you get over the fact that these knives look like crap ?

I understand that that its all about the blade but seriously some of the handles look like the work of a blind chainsaw carver

Hi

I know its not cool to say this but how do you get over the fact that these knives look like crap ?

I understand that that its all about the blade but seriously some of the handles look like the work of a blind chainsaw carver

Don't drive yourself crazy with worry. We do fine:

IMG_0904.jpg

SFGZ50.jpg

Hi

Rehandle up in this crib.

Nice Rick, did you etch the bottom Carter yourself?

It's not cheating...especially when you do it yourself :)

13156360.jpg

I don't see the problem with making knives that are more affordable to the average person. If the most important part of a knife is the blade, putting all of the effort into that part makes sense to me. The handle is just the interface. If it works it is good enough, if that keeps the product more affordable. You want nice handle? You can have that too, but it costs more.

Boy-Howdy, those really hurt the eyeballs!

Yeah but arent they like $1000 each ??

More like $1000 for both. That's a 4.6 sun HG in white steel and a 9.2 sun HG gyuto in blue super. If you're curious, check out Murray's prices using his current price guide.

Gee, I'm beginning to feel like an unpaid sales rep for Carter Cutlery, when all I wanted to do was let people know he had some new knives up before all the good ones were sold.

:beatinghead:

I need to get mine rehandled. Make it a beauty. I saved some on the cost so that will go straight to rehandling!

Latest posts

Back