Decisions, decisions...Poll

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This one...

• Manaka

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Sakai Kikumori Nakagawa

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Unshu Yukimitsu

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters
Did request certain measurements and go custom or just see what you get from the "place order" button?

No special requests. The stated specs were good enough for me. My understanding from Michael is the smith is out in the boonies doing his thing so I kinda like the idea of making what he sees as an ideal kitchen knife. But as @blokey says, they are made to order so I wouldn't think changes are a big deal.

No special requests. The stated specs were good enough for me. My understanding from Michael is the smith is out in the boonies doing his thing so I kinda like the idea of making what he sees as an ideal kitchen knife. But as @blokey says, they are made to order so I wouldn't think changes are a big deal.
I was just curious what ~your~ custom specs would've been. Definitely report back on your experiences, I'll hop on this train after I unload a few more knives and clear some space

Self control? Never heard of it

Screenshot_20230330_195234_Gmail.jpg

That's weird, I figured you were just waiting to flex until ARM ended.

Michael told me early on that Kusunoki san got a bunch of orders all at once and it was much more than he is used to. He told Michael it would be at least four weeks. Obviously that has come and gone but Michael said he's been starting to get the knives in just the two 200mm gyutos (one of them being mine) weren't in the batch he just got.

Michael did offer at the onset to reimburse me until the knife was done but I was okay to wait. I'll admit I'm starting to get a bit antsy though. :)

Back