Deep Thoughts by Jose Martinez

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought people on knife forums would talk about knifes, but it turns out they are chasing unicorns and going down rabbit holes.

Reactions: ian
What is the best cutting board material in the world? what size of board is the best in the world? Do I really need endgrain for my cutting board?

If a knife is 49mm at the heel and has new wenge shoes, should I hold it from the tip so the heel is at its usual place in the back of the shoe?

Edit: I thought I was making a deep thought but it turns out this is just triggering an obsessive compulsive reaction in me. We either need to change terminology asap, or hold our knives backwards.

We farm plants for vegetables, cut up & eat them, right?

Could it be that the plants are actually farming us, feed us, & giving us oxygen until we eventually expire and turn into fertilizer that they can consume?

Last edited:
Should gyuto, i.e. Japanese term for cow knife, be called a pig knife if it’s mostly used to cut pork? 🤔

Should gyuto be banned in India since cow cutting is illegal? 🤔

Why is it when a small piece broke off the front of a gyuto, it’s tipped, but when a big piece broke off, it’s Nakiri? 🤣

We farm plants for vegetables, cut up & eat them, right?

Could it be that the plants are actually farming us, feed us, & giving us oxygen until we eventually expire and turn into fertilizer that they can consume?
Ha ha, that should be posted in the psychedelic drugs thread

Back