• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Delbert Ealy Stainless Damascus Paring Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

V1P

Reaction score
Purchased this from one of Del's pre-buy sometime ago. The colorful handle was per my request and G10 material was supplied by me. The custom saya was done by Ian of Haburn Knives, with a titanium safety pin. Knife is brand new, unused. The safety pin has a few mild scratches, due to moving around in my knife bag (photo attached).

Price USD$260, Paypal fee and worldwide shipping included. Please PM for any questions, thank you.

7742D5F3-45A3-4BBD-8F18-FF893DAE7DE3_1.jpg

88C09FEC-8774-43B4-96AB-22560A76CAA8_1.jpg

0D8C9755-345E-4FA9-BFC7-6D86FF4BE96C.jpg

0650ACAF-FE66-4F0C-B8E4-343762901F29.jpg

A general question on the Ealy paring knives. (Please tell me if I'm derailing this thread, then I'll post it somewhere else). I like these knives, but I've always been put off by the thicker part of the blade near the choil, and particularly the abrupt transition from the tinner part to the thickr part. My impression is that this will impact the cutting. So a question to owners of this knife: do you notice this influences the way it cuts?

I have a parer and 270 gyuto, love how both cut. I haven't experienced any issues like those you are asking about.

Photos make that transition look more severe than it actually is. The only thing you'll notice about this parer is how much you like it.

Are you referring to the the characteristic plunge line on Del's knives\ I've purchased several of these parers and the blade does not change thickness at that line. Excellent cutters.

Thank you for helping me answer the question everyone, I would not know [emoji3]. As for the dimensions, here they are :

Edge length : 80mm
Tip to handle : 90mm
Spine thickness above heel : 2.8mm
Weight : 79g

I am referring to this transition.

I am a bit surprised by people saying that the transition looks more severe than it is or even that there is not change in thickness at all. Surely there must be a quite abrupt change in thickness at this transition. Or are the photographs this misleading?

It is definitely there. But it is also in a part of the knife that isnt likely to cause an issue.

Though i will say my Ealy is a 270 gyuto. No experience with a pairer

That would be the plunge line. Distinctly Del. More of a semi bolster than part of the cutting blade. Affects performance not a wit.

That would be the plunge line. Distinctly Del. More of a semi bolster than part of the cutting blade. Affects performance not a wit.

I just looked at the knife again and I agree with daveb, there is no way the plunge line affects cutting performance at all. It is more cosmetic.

Any significance to the color choices. Red white and Blue is Merica but the orange is throwing me off.

Doesn't affect performance at all. Fwiw Ealy and Harner make my two favorite pairing knives. Pretty perfect to use. Good luck with the sale I'm bummed it won't be me getting it.

Any significance to the color choices. Red white and Blue is Merica but the orange is throwing me off.

Just preference, I guess. My other options were neon green, pink or black(boring!), at that time.

Price drop $250, worldwide shipping and Paypal fee included.

Are they suited for a proffesional kithchen?

Yes, of course. I purchased it with the intention of using it in a professional kitchen. Anyway, the colorful materials are called G10, a synthetic that is suited for hard use.

Still available, pls PM with offers.

Need to sell this, $200 shipped worldwide and Paypal fee included.

I am keeping the saya, price drop to $160.

Recived with thanks. Got it 2 days before my britday then opened it that day. :)
BTW do you know what steel is it ? Is it coreless Damas ?

Bolek : Pls clear out your inbox.

This knife is sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back