• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Demeyere (Kitchenaid) 5qt Saute Pan (2mm Copper inside) w/ Lid (New)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

ptolemy

Reaction score
I also have a few brand new Demeyere (Kitchenaid) 5qt Saute Pan w/ Lid (New). These were made by Demeyere for Kitchenaid 7-8 years ago. Pan is heavy, w/ lid it's about 8.5lbs and it's a pretty special pan in itself. I think, outside pure copper, it;s likely the best SS pan one can get in this size/shape. The pan is 7 ply and it has a thicker bottom disc where you have 2mm of copper (I believe thickest all-clad only has 0,9mm max).

I only had a chance to use mine twice, but it worked very well. I did porkchops that came out awesome and braised cabbage that worked out very nicely too. I actually owned a similar all-clad tk 5qt saute pan as well, that was coppercore and this one is much heavier and gives me faster heating, better crust, and overall performs better.

I am asking $220 per pan. Price includes shipping in CONUSA and paypal. Pictures are not that great, I just came back from being away for a while, so if you need better or specific ones, please ask

below is sold
I am selling my last remaining Matfer Bourgeat piece (remnants from here), And a very cool Demeyere Saute Pan that they made for Kitchenaid.

Matfer Bourgeat 28cm Rondeau w/ Lid. Lid is much more heavy duty than ones I encountered by Mauviel. I believe Handles are cast Iron. Pan weights close to 10lbs with lid. Condition is used but loved. I kept it from original batch I sold, because I love finishing dishes in the oven, but more and more I came to realization (well, I knew it, but lets say I was in denial) that when I braise or roast, I usually do larger batches. But, it's otherwise, wonderful.

inner diameter is 11" outer almost adds an 1" due to flared lip. height is 3"

*SPF* Asking $320. Price includes shipping in CONUSA and paypal.

ki1.jpg

ki2.jpg

2021-08-13 22.59.32.jpg

2021-08-13 22.59.40.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Sparten007

It’s all about the man behind the forge….
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matfer Bourgeat Copper is all copper of just the other shell? What’s the cooking surface made of? Trying to understand if it’s all copper through and through.

Thank you!

Olsen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matfer Bourgeat Copper is all copper of just the other shell? What’s the cooking surface made of? Trying to understand if it’s all copper through and through.

Thank you!
The Bourgeat copper is massive cupper but for the thin SS cooking surface. I have the same model but as a sautier pan :)

ptolemy

Reaction score

Thank you!
yep about 2.5mm copper + ss layer, pretty heavy and cast iron handles.

Olsen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Mauviel as well and as written above bourgeat is a tad more heavy duty :)

Justinv

Reaction score
That bourgeat is fantastic. I have one and its a superb braising pan.

rickbern

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That copper pan will make someone very happy!

Do the kitchen aid pans come with lids?

coxhaus

Reaction score
You are a couple of days late for me as I just bought an All-Clad copper core pan that exact size.

ptolemy

Reaction score
That copper pan will make someone very happy!

Do the kitchen aid pans come with lids?
yes they do. and they are fairly nice quality ones, not the type that's very thin and cheap, you know?

ptolemy

Reaction score
You are a couple of days late for me as I just bought an All-Clad copper core pan that exact size.
ah, too bad. this does have 2mm vs 0.9mm copper if my research is right :)

Justinv

Reaction score
The bourgeat is a bit larger than all clads, enough to make a notable difference. My bourgeat is about 0.6in larger in inside diameter than my all-clad. Seems like that should be good enough for you to own both!

coxhaus

Reaction score
I also ordered an All-Clad copper core 12-inch fry pan which is on its way. I do like reactive pans. No polishing is the real plus.

ptolemy

Reaction score
matfer sold, ty all for the interest. demeyere is left, I used mine twice this weekend and i really like it. Basically performs like my atlantis 12.5" just deeper with lid

Sdo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the copper stew pot I bought from @ptolemy last night, really love that pot, thought I'd give him a bump. The demeyere branded one is $360 at W-S

Here's an overview of Demeyere's rebranding strategy for the skeptics amongst us:

There is one thing on the article that does not look accurate. The Silver frying pan and the Kitchen Aid pans are 7-ply cladded 3mm whilst the Proline/Atlantis are 7-Ply cladded with 4.8mm except for the 20cm frying pan.

Cheers!

rickbern

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sdo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pan offered here is a sauté pan. It’s got a disc base with 2mm of copper. Anything about skillets is extraneous
Below. I am just pointing that the article shared is inaccurate.
1629388914382.png

ptolemy

Reaction score
I got my info here
next 10-20 seconds. Saute pan is a straight walled pan. It also has silver on each side, but it's silver foil, most likely only there to bond the layers, so I didn't mention it

Sdo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my info here
next 10-20 seconds. Saute pan is a straight walled pan. It also has silver on each side, but it's silver foil, most likely only there to bond the layers, so I didn't mention it
Yes, I have seen that video before too. There are a few more nice videos with this gentleman.

My point is just that Silver7 / is not the same as Atlantis / proline like the text indicates.

ptolemy

Reaction score
Yes, I have seen that video before too. There are a few more nice videos with this gentleman.

My point is just that Silver7 / is not the same as Atlantis / proline like the text indicates.
your point is well taken. i mean, shoot, because this is not atlantis, it could have all SS plate, as kitchenaid does not specifically break down the composition... IMO and it's not true, obviously, but since we dont 100% know, there is still a chance, even if its tiny.

ExistentialHero

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these and I've been very happy with it. Can't speak to the metallurgical details, but it's responsive, easy to clean, and heavy as hell 🤣

ptolemy

Reaction score
I bought one of these and I've been very happy with it. Can't speak to the metallurgical details, but it's responsive, easy to clean, and heavy as hell 🤣
cheers!

and yes, it's almost as heavy at 2.5mm copper... about 1lbs difference..

i still have 2 available! :)